2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Talk about a stubborn nut!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:56 AM
HDRAMman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
1+, I was trying to stay out of this thread....

I am glad I wasn't within 50 feet of you when you tried that stunt with the jack.
You put that much force on a socket wrench, not only are you trying to turn the nut, but you will be putting straight upwards force on the wrench..... Ever had on slip off when you were jerking on it? IT HURTS. I expected to see that wrench go zipping through the air in that vid.... Not that smart, I think. Respect my opinion before you flame me.
I hear yah man.....It was my last ditch effort. I expected it to come off quite easily once I got that jack under there, Only tried it twice, once before which it was actually turning the wheel, and that time to tape just because I though it was so crazy that it was on there like that. Deff. not the smartest way of doing things, but then again I have seen some dumber ways of wrenching. The whole assebly was a rust case. I took thge pass side hub and outter axle to a shop to get pressed out, needless to say 30 tons and a broken press plate later, the whole piece is still together. All new parts are in it now on both sides.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok, i put the knocker loose to the test this morning and i still say its the best i've used. yesterday when i got off work i took the center cap off the wheel and gave it a spray, left for a few hours then gave it another spray when i got home. this morning i went out there, popped the wheel off, gave it another spray and put the breaker bar on it. with just the breaker bar it wouldn't move so i got a 3 1/2' pipe and got it loose on the first try with the pipe. i only had about half of my upper body weight on the pipe before it broke loose. the hub bolts were just as easy. now i just hope that its just my u-joint thats bad and not some part of the axle/diff.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:27 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You should have tried removing them before soaking, with the same procedure, just for SAG's.

Quick Reply: Talk about a stubborn nut!