2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stupid plenum...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:12 PM
dodgeman52
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so overall do u think it was worth the money?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't form an absolute opinion of it yet. From what I've heard from other people, you don't really feel the full effect until you put some miles on it. I'm up to about 25 miles so far, but I'm going to drive it to work all weekend so I'll be almost empty by Monday and It'll be putting out all it's going to put out by then. First opinion of it was "man, this thing is about the same as stock" but around 15 miles it started feeling more punchy when I stepped on it, so only time will tell.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
dodgeman52
Captain

yea that how alot of mods are. but when i got my sct tuner i could tell a difference the first time i drove it

Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
It wasn't really a pain, just a couple small issues that I wasn't in too big of a hurry to fix. I had already spent the majority of the day on it (in between air conditioning breaks and like a gallon of gatorade) and I didn't feel like messing with it any more, so I did a little the next day then a little on another day.

It's pretty nice, more punchy from the get go and it seems to really pull when it hits about 3000 rpm. I'm gonna keep romping on it and messing around until I get at least 100 miles on it, then I'll fill it up and drive sensibly to see what the mileage is like.
The exhaust note is a little different too.

Here's a cell phone video of 0-85, time it for me. I need to get my actual camera and tape it to the column or something to get more of a video an less of a cloverfield 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQM3WeF2IJ8

I thought I stopped it right after it shifted, I love the sound of when it shifts.
THATS HOW YOU BREAK **** IN!! AND DERTERMINE IF YOU HAVE LEAKS OR NOT

Old 06-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Gary-L
Legend

That was bad-***. I bet you were sporting a woody during that run, and if not then that makes you f-a-g...queer!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looking good , im likeing it , does it sound better with the windows down ??

Old 06-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

It started seeming pretty awesome after about 15 miles of driving, but it's tough to draw a line between what I actually feel vs. what I expect/want to feel as far as the increase in power.

Dukes, every time I stopped I popped the hood and looked around the fuel rail while sniffing around for burning oil and gas fumes. It's all good so far.

It does sound better with the windows down but you know how well wind and camera microphones go together.

VW, I was at about half mast for that whole drive. That's how I took off from about half of the stops I came to yesterday.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
It started seeming pretty awesome after about 15 miles of driving, but it's tough to draw a line between what I actually feel vs. what I expect/want to feel as far as the increase in power.

Dukes, every time I stopped I popped the hood and looked around the fuel rail while sniffing around for burning oil and gas fumes. It's all good so far.

It does sound better with the windows down but you know how well wind and camera microphones go together.

VW, I was at about half mast for that whole drive. That's how I took off from about half of the stops I came to yesterday.
Outstanding. Can't wait to hear your tank o' gas report.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

I'm going to fill up at an amaco up the street because my truck likes that gas the best (mileage/no pinging).

After that tank I'm going to run a tank of shell through it. The last time I filled up there I got 14.5 mpg but there was a little spark knock (they like ethanol).

After that I'll try BP since they have pretty good gas too.

I get the worst mileage from Citgo.

One thing I noticed is that my truck seems to run pretty cold now with the 180º thermostat but there isn't a too cold for too long code so I guess it's ok.

195º stat

180º stat

Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Whaack
Rookie

I changed my stock t-stat to the 180 and that is what mine runs now. No problems that I can tell thus far.

Quick Reply: Stupid plenum...