2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

another crash!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:15 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another crash!

Got in a minor/very serious crash yesterday. I was traveling in the fast lane (70mph). (there are two lanes each side with a center TURN/EMERGENCY lane) Any in the fast lane i was cooking along between 65 and 70, when i start coming up on a side street thats across the oncoming traffic. There was a car waiting to pull out so i was kinda watching him. Well as soon as i got close he pulled out and i just was getting ready to slow down thinking he would hit the center lane... well he didnt he decided to pull in front of me so i swerved but had traffic so had to swerve slightly back.. and i tagged him going bout 60 ish(it happen that quick). So i think i totalled the new subi outback and i did hardly any damage to my truck(some paint a new tire and a new XENON fender(that actually survived just got a cut in thats kinda deep and wont buff out) So all in all everything turned out ok. How was it serious? If i hadn't seen him pulling out i would have tagged him at the speed i was going.... He had NO seatbelt on and even me and my om who did we would have been seriously injured if not killed at that speed(it happens tons out here and in fact... there ones one last night.... So i will try to get pics up for yall.. going to the body shop today for quotes. (again lol) andd btw it is his fault! He got a ticket and he got an *** chewing and got put as car number one. plus he tried to say i purposly swerved into the center lane to hit him and the cop said uhhh no.. if you look at his skid marks you can clearly see what happen.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker

At least you're ok.

I almost creamed a Subaru once. Was doing 55 in the right hand land. Lady with passenger was thinking about crossing from the turn late to travel from my left to my right. She started to go. I have no idea how she couldn't have seen me. She stopped with the front of her car in my lane and I had to swerve partially into the right lane to keep from driving over her bumper. If she would have gone I would have certainly killed the passenger if not driven over the car and killed her too.

People see me in my little Mazda 3 but when I'm in the truck I am apparently invisible.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Glad to hear you, yours, and the truck are Ok.

ya know, your life has been WAY to exciting of late. You need a little dull and boring.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:27 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker

Haha I was just thinking that! Btw im still picking seat cushion outta my ***.....

Old 08-20-2010, 03:20 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yikes

Old 08-20-2010, 04:08 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker

hahah so i just went to the body shop! aside from a very minor dent almost all of the damage rubbed off! We are thinking a good buff job and possibly some touch up paint and a new fender is all i need.... Lol if ya can't dodge it.... ram it!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:52 PM
03neonSE
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure it taught them a lesson not to pull out in front of a truck next time. Glad you are safe and the truck is repairable.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want to see the Subaru.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:22 PM
SplatSTi
Professional

As both a Subaru owner and a Dodge owner this makes me cringe big time. I have noticed people owning Subaru's who have no clue what they are doing and shouldnt own one but they do.

I had one of our Subaru guys tell us his girlfriend who bought a brand new Subaru on Friday and wrote it off on Sunday, less than 50 miles on the clock. She hit a car head on and well lets just say, it wasnt a good day. 1 Fatality, (18 month old), her excuse was she hydroplaned... All I want to say to that was you were obviously going to fast for the conditions.

I cant even imagine what speed she was doing when she hit the other car, or what speed the other car was doing.

So heres what a 2010 outback looks like after a head on collision:

Name:  TerrisOutbacksport2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  82.6 KB
Name:  TerrisOutbacksport.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  78.6 KB

Note:

The front end is completely destroyed. Everything from the A-Pillar back is in tact. Yes it looks bad. The A-Pillars had to be cut by the fire dept because they had to get the driver out quickly due to the car catching on fire.

With any driver, having the safest car in the world doesnt fix stupidity.

Last edited by SplatSTi; 08-20-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM
notanexit7
Captain

Damn maybe it's just a subaru thing but last friday we had some torrential downpours out where I live. This couple in a subaru, don't know the model, decided to pass a car while it's pouring because the car was going slow. Ended up plowing head on into a dump truck and killed them both and seriously hurt the 1 year old in the back seat. I'm not sure how the baby was still alive. I've never seen a wreck that bad before and it just goes to show how stupid some people can be. When it's raining, slow down. There's no need to be in a rush. Glad you weren't hurt btw.

Quick Reply: another crash!