2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hs 1.7 rr

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:16 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So where is the best (least expensive) place to buy HS Rockers?

Old 10-09-2011, 03:23 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by gdstock
So where is the best (least expensive) place to buy HS Rockers?
depends on how much you value your time.. buying them from southeast, you 'll hafta call.. John Mercedes runs the joint, and he'll answer the phone.. if he likes you, which will be determined by a lengthy interview process, he'll sell them to you for around $275.. you'll have to be sympathetic to his tales of industrial espionage and show keen knowledge of all things Mopar, and at least try to demonstrate a disdain for SCT tuners..

the whole process can take up to three weeks..

if your time and sanity have value, you can get them from Summit for around $350.. that seems to be the going rate anywhere else too..

Old 10-09-2011, 03:28 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by drewactual
depends on how much you value your time.. buying them from southeast, you 'll hafta call.. John Mercedes runs the joint, and he'll answer the phone.. if he likes you, which will be determined by a lengthy interview process, he'll sell them to you for around $275.. you'll have to be sympathetic to his tales of industrial espionage and show keen knowledge of all things Mopar, and at least try to demonstrate a disdain for SCT tuners..

the whole process can take up to three weeks..

if your time and sanity have value, you can get them from Summit for around $350.. that seems to be the going rate anywhere else too..

Well, knowing where I am from, I am sure that you can appreicate the "unofficial doctorate of BS" that I may posess. Sounds like a challenge as far as the industrial espionage thing - don't know if I can pass the "keen knowledge of all things Mopar" though. I may give him a try - saving money is a hobby of mine.....

Thanks.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 PM
drewactual
Champion

he's a good guy- i don't mind talking to him... he has some interesting views, and he has a difficult time drawing a line between personal views/opinion and business/professional.. a lot of folks do, but this guy in particular does.. last we spoke, he cussed me out and told me I'm a dumb *** for buying an SCT, and that he wouldn't do business with anyone stupid enough to do such a thing.. then he cussed me out about a machine shop in Ipswich Mass. I turned him on to because a girl I was dating ran the joint- he said "and yeah, your little girlfriend couldn't do anything for me either.. so.. there..".. he is an interesting dude, and the time spent talking to him is worth it on an entertainment level alone.. he knows these engines though.. gotta give him that.. and the rockers are 'sposedly his design which were stripped from him by H&S..

Old 10-09-2011, 04:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
he's a good guy- i don't mind talking to him... he has some interesting views, and he has a difficult time drawing a line between personal views/opinion and business/professional.. a lot of folks do, but this guy in particular does.. last we spoke, he cussed me out and told me I'm a dumb *** for buying an SCT, and that he wouldn't do business with anyone stupid enough to do such a thing.. then he cussed me out about a machine shop in Ipswich Mass. I turned him on to because a girl I was dating ran the joint- he said "and yeah, your little girlfriend couldn't do anything for me either.. so.. there..".. he is an interesting dude, and the time spent talking to him is worth it on an entertainment level alone.. he knows these engines though.. gotta give him that.. and the rockers are 'sposedly his design which were stripped from him by H&S..
But he sells them anyway? OOoookkkaaaaayyyyyy...... backing off slowly here.....

Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
But he sells them anyway? OOoookkkaaaaayyyyyy...... backing off slowly here.....
Actually, you can't buy them on the site. So no really. You have to talk to him to get them. I talked to him too once, and he doesn't like Hughes either. LOL

Old 10-09-2011, 04:32 PM
gdstock
Legend

"buying them from southeast, you 'll hafta call.. John Mercedes "

So how do I get in touch with him?

Old 10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
drewactual
Champion
Old 10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
gdstock
Legend
Old 10-09-2011, 04:40 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That's funny, when I called him he was badging on KRC, saying the 210x can was a joke and he could grind one that would run circles around it. Which is funny because I don't see how he could claim that not knowing what I intended to use my truck for.

Yeah, he's a funny guy alright.