2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bosch Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Kwdog75
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosch Injectors

I keep seeing them on Ebay as an "upgrade", has anyone tried these?

Or should i be the test guinea pig and try them?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Link?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Kwdog75
Professional
Old 04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Not much information on them...... just a claim that they are an 'upgrade'...... I think a better plan would be to call Five-O motorsports, and have a chat with them.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Kwdog75
Professional

do they have a website?

Old 04-15-2011, 10:19 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah for that price i would b calling five o...i think there was a guy on here selling some red tops for 150 i willl look for the link...i only paid around a 100 for mine off ebay...but they were just 21lb 4 hole injectors as my truck is only bolt ons and no tune

Old 04-15-2011, 10:20 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

be careful with injectors.. a matter of fact, if you MUST replace them, and your not doing it because your boosting or scraped/stroked up the displacement, just buy factory replacement.

I run the FMS GenIII 22#'s, and I run rich.. I managed to SCT back the duty cycle enough to stay safe, but that was only because I had the luxury of having the SCT and HemiFever around to help me out.. He pulled 5%, and I'm still rich.

FMS rate their injectors at 39psi- NOT the somewhat industry standard of 43.5psi.. That makes the injector deliver more than 22# by itself- it pushes it up to (let's say) 24#.. but our trucks don't run at 43.5psi at the rail.. they run at 49psi.. which means that 22# injector rated at 39psi is likely delivering into the 25~26# range at 49psi.. Or, better said: PIG rich..

Even Bruce at five-o will sell you a direct replacement injector (21# FMSgenIII) with a straight face- and I'm certainly not saying he doesn't know what he is talking about because that is his business and he no doubt DOES, but he isn't familiar with all vehicles fuel pressures and with injector timing either for that matter.. All of that will be up to you to know and reconcile against the information he can provide you.. And it is FAR more twisted a subject than you're likely considering.. case in point:

an injector from one brand may be 22# rated at 39psi, and so may a competitors brand deliver the rated 22# @ 39psi.. But if you bump the pressure on both to 49psi, one may deliver 24# and the other may deliver 27#.. you just don't know until you bench them.. add to that: the spray characteristics may be VERY suitable at 39psi, and far superior than stock injectors.. but, again, you bump the pressure and that nice little spray turns into a direct stream.. and you're in worse condition that you were to begin with.

Injectors that came stock are more than fine for most applications.. The headache those injectors I bought have caused are really not worth it.. I will be honest and tell you I was thinking they would be some sort of silver bullet- but they aren't.. even now that I have them trimmed right and timed differently- the increase is only marginal at best..

CM is the man to discuss this with.. Captain knows his business too.. If you can PM them and ask them for info I'm sure they will help you.

I just thought I'd toss this out there to help you out and possibly save you some money and headache..

Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-s...injectors.html

drew speaks the truth injectors are a complex thing...i got mine but changed plenum, timing chain, water pump oil pump, put hs 1.7 roller rockers on and did a keggar mod so to be honest i cant say how much the injectors helped...i am gonna buy a a/f gauge next paycheck to see how close my truck is to stoichiometric 14.7 - 1 air to fuel

Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Kwdog75
Professional

The only reason i asked is because i bought a modded manifold (keggar), i figured why not replace the injectors while i was swapping the manifold.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

If you want to replace them.... just go for a stock set, that has been cleaned, and flow balanced.

Quick Reply: Bosch Injectors