2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bad sound coming from front mainly when turning right

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
mgaither0
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was bf goodrich I wrote for the tires I guess it auto spelled or did something stupid I dunno. So its bald 265s on the rear or close to bald 265s. Then the front has a brand new michellin on the left 245 and a brand new firestone 245 on the front right. Nice ghetto rig from the dealer. I don't believe it has a lift but I havnt checked it out real well for a body lift or anything.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
notazombie17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it could be a power steering pump cause mine does that when i turn left and i already replaced the u joints

Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM
BamaRam97
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgaither0
Black.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

If that truck is a 4x4, don't use 4wd with different sized tires front and back. You will break things.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
mgaither0
Veteran

well I had the truck inspected at a local shop today. It cost 70 for the inspection which wasnt to bad. Then the list of problems they found. 1. the drag link needs to be replaced inthe front suspension. 2. the truck needs an alignment 3.the left upper ball joint 4. right front wheel bearing. 5. Left front wheel brake hardware 6. left tag light bulb (but its actucally the wiring harness) 7. exterior mirrors have blind spot mirrors on them. 8. windshield wipers do not park properly where they do not stop at the bottom they stop whereever they want. so the motor needs to be replaced. 9. the windshield has chips on it 3 all in one little spot so the windshield needs to be fixed or replaced. 10. missing a lug nut. FML!

Old 06-29-2011, 03:56 PM
mgaither0
Veteran

THE Mechanic said the sound I heard was the brake shifting and hitting the rim. He said the truck suprizing drove very smooth which was an extreme suprize being that so many suspension parts are screwed up.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

What brake hardware does he want to replace???? Not like there is a hell of a lot under there..... just two bolts, a couple bushings, and some o-rings.... you could do that in your driveway in less than 15 minutes. Would take longer to get the tire off, than it would to do the job.

Don't do just one ball-joint. Do both on whatever side they want to take apart. Just doing one is pointless.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mgaither0
THE Mechanic said the sound I heard was the brake shifting and hitting the rim. He said the truck suprizing drove very smooth which was an extreme suprize being that so many suspension parts are screwed up.
Just curious, do you have a jack? so you can perform some of the troubleshooting tips that have been suggested?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 PM
mgaither0
Veteran

Originally Posted by zman17
Just curious, do you have a jack? so you can perform some of the troubleshooting tips that have been suggested?
Oh yeah I definitly have a whole lot of tools and all. Jacks included. Thats not the problem he told me he grabed the tire and it shook all over the place. He only quoted me $50 bucks to fix the issue with the brakes. He described it as he said on my model dodge had an optional clip that they used with the brakes and he said mine was missing the clip which was causing the brakes to not shim properly. He then described is as and i mite quote this wrong as the pads instead of going into the caliper they go into a piece above. He said this piece could be removed completly which would then pass the vehicle in that area but he said dodge added it to shim the brakes and he would recommend fixing it.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 PM
mgaither0
Veteran

I'm hoping to replace the windshield wiper motor myself, the ball joints myself and the wheel bearing. I've never replaced ball joints or wheel bearings before so I'm looking in a haynes rite now at it. windshield wiper motor i did on a jeep and it was extremly easy but its probably a little more difficult on the truck but I assume its just a matter of take the cowl off, unbolt the motor, unplug the motor and install the new one bolt down replace cowl and have a nice day.

Quick Reply: bad sound coming from front mainly when turning right