2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what do our trucks like?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Probably more like 16 years of accumulation of stuff that get's past the fuel filter.
I cant help but wonder how much thats effecting injector flow and how many others have this issue and dont know it...

Old 02-16-2012, 12:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I cant help but wonder how much thats effecting injector flow and how many others have this issue and dont know it...
Wouldn't surprise me at all if EVERYONE could benefit from doing that bit of cleaning.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Well now that I replaced the injectors the truck runs the same as it did before until it fully warms up...then the long term and short fuel trim goes all the way to -33.6! ...I still have the miss...I did notice what may be a cracked header in the inside of the collector area... It was smoking a lot and I could here an exhaust leak and see the smoke escaping there but I thought at first it was oil that spilled there from having the valve cover off..... I guess I need to get the fuel sync done... It also takes more cranking to start when cold like the fuel lines has to reprime...guess I have to look closely at the pressure.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the harlandsharp 1.7's, Fastman 52mm TB, super chips 3815, and 3" flowmaster system all at the same time... I also run royal purple fluids in everything! I've got a 14x3 round intake with K&N filter as well. I run a 192 T-stat as well. I've replaced everything on my accessory drive due to an unfortunate run in with a deer a few years back... running 3.55 gear and 265 shoes... in my fuel save mode I can get 19mpg on the highway.... as long as I stay out of the pedal at stop lights.. I can get about 14mpg city...

Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 PM
sparechange
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates on the injectors?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTXpress
There are plenty of other things to do to the engine for 350 that will make way bigger gains then roller rockers. You could probably get the same gain by going to an electric fan, and still have money for a cam.

What are you adjusting on your rockers?
Its been proven that an E fan gives around 3 hp where the RR gives 20 to the wheels. Completely not the same bang for the buck. Plus, the RR are 300 cam and E fans are upwards of 600.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by Mowhawk
Its been proven that an E fan gives around 3 hp where the RR gives 20 to the wheels. Completely not the same bang for the buck. Plus, the RR are 300 cam and E fans are upwards of 600.
I did some research on this a couple weeks ago.
The dyno results I seen actually show a difference of up to 7hp... and not just from going electric.(one site tested like 12 fans on the same ford 5.0 setup).. different pitch and size fan bladed will have a totally different load on the engine...
the same dyno results show on average the R rockers give about 15 real world hp gains in most applications so... While they are both about as equally valuable... the fan does give more bang for the buck if you really want to get technical since they can be bought and installed for like $50 vs the cheapest 1.7 harland roller rocker kits going for about what $350? or even $250? that still makes the fan up to 2.5 times more effective hp gains for every dollar spent...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 02-21-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Quick Reply: what do our trucks like?