2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Odd Trim Pieces Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Odd Trim Pieces Needed.

I am finishing up the exterior work projects on my gifted 1998 Dodge Ram 1500.

I noticed yesterday that I am missing a couple things and I really don't know what they are called to start looking. Heck, maybe one of you guys even has one or two of these things and maybe can sell me.

First, on the rear club doors, there is a funny clip in black plastic vent thing that sits on the lower rear corner of the door. Like a louver type of vent covering of some sort? I have one on my driver's side club door but not the passenger side. It's just a big square hole in that rear bottom corner.

The other piece I am missing is a round plug of sorts that fits on the underside of the passenger side mirror housing.

Who can name these parts and does anyone have these parts for sale?

Thanks.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you gotta phone or camera, it would be a lot more helpful if you took pictures of what your talking about and posted them here.

You can also check junkyards for other 2nd gen rams and pull of the parts you need.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:22 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the photos. Written description of thing-a-ma-jingys is kind of difficult sometimes.

In the FAQ/DIY section with the downloadable service manual there is also a parts manual available.

Another option is www.lmctruck.com. Great service and fast shipping.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Sooper
Captain

Originally Posted by gdstock
+1 on the photos. Written description of thing-a-ma-jingys is kind of difficult sometimes.

In the FAQ/DIY section with the downloadable service manual there is also a parts manual available.

Another option is www.lmctruck.com. Great service and fast shipping.

I'll try to get and upload some pics today. In the meantime, I see you have a club cab similar to mine. Go out and open both doors on one side. Lean in and look at the bottom rear corner of the rear door and you'll see the louver type vent thing I'm referring to.

These parts don't serve a huge function so I"ll be looking for someone parting out a truck locally that I could go strip the parts off of and throw him some cash.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:56 AM
stewie01
Legend

If you can't find what you need locally, zman17 has a thread titled "Junk Yard Trip" in the General Discussion section, every now and again he goes, if you send a message with what you need he might be able to get it.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 PM
johnnyjaws98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a extra one

Old 05-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Sooper
Captain

Originally Posted by johnnyjaws98
i have a extra one

That's awesome. I'd rather throw money to a forum member than a salvage yard anyway.

PM me with the amount you want, for the vent I assume, and your Paypal address and I will send you some money for it.

If you have both that would be idea but the door corner vent is the part that I want to most.

Thanks.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:04 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Had I known this yesterday I could have gotten ten each of those items. Post in the JY trip thread next time.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:07 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And I may have the other part.....but a photo would help. Lots of parts sitting in boxes due to body work and other semi-restoration work. For example.....I changed pass side mirror out...

Old 05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
And I may have the other part.....but a photo would help. Lots of parts sitting in boxes due to body work and other semi-restoration work. For example.....I changed pass side mirror out...
Got any coat hooks?

Quick Reply: Odd Trim Pieces Needed.