2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cracked Dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:35 AM
echseman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cracked Dash

gnarly cracks al over mine. dash mat! makes it look good...

Old 07-02-2007, 07:00 PM
jwcanpy

I also have a 2001 quadcab with the cracked dash. I would suggest not going with the OEM or anything from the salvage yard as they will no doubt have the same problem(since it is a defect by mfg.) However, if you want to repace it, itreally isn't that difficult. The dash upper half is just held on with lots of small(8mm?)bolts. You don't have to remove the airbag the gauges nothing complex at all, but the dealer won't sell the top half without the bottom, and as many have said it is very costly and is likely to crack anew. I suggest the plastic dash caps, what I have, they are not hard to install they really do look oem. The only problem is painting it match your dashes color exactly. Maybe someday dodge will step up to the plate and takecare of the problem but don't hold your breath. Hope this info. helps.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:46 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jwcanpy

I also have a 2001 quadcab with the cracked dash. I would suggest not going with the OEM or anything from the salvage yard as they will no doubt have the same problem(since it is a defect by mfg.) However, if you want to repace it, itreally isn't that difficult. The dash upper half is just held on with lots of small(8mm?)bolts. You don't have to remove the airbag the gauges nothing complex at all, but the dealer won't sell the top half without the bottom, and as many have said it is very costly and is likely to crack anew. I suggest the plastic dash caps, what I have, they are not hard to install they really do look oem. The only problem is painting it match your dashes color exactly. Maybe someday dodge will step up to the plate and takecare of the problem but don't hold your breath. Hope this info. helps.
where did you get yours?

Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 AM
jwcanpy

I got mine from coverlay. www.coverlaymfg.com. However, ebay has a great selection and theirs seem to already come painted. I am very happy with the look of the cover. It looks stock and not trashy like a dash mat.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:13 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain

i figured cover lay. Seems everyone gets it from there. I think im going to have to get one.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Fox Fader
Captain

The one's on ebay claim to be better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:us

Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Japoro

There are several different manufactures that make the overlays, so you might want to do some searching to find which one will work for you if you are still trying to. I got mine from here this past Christmas, and it was a fairly easy install, and after six months, I have no complaints about it's quality at all.http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....er=DASHTOP-998

Old 07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Fox Fader
Captain

ORIGINAL: Japoro

There are several different manufactures that make the overlays, so you might want to do some searching to find which one will work for you if you are still trying to. I got mine from here this past Christmas, and it was a fairly easy install, and after six months, I have no complaints about it's quality at all.http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....er=DASHTOP-998

Did you paint yours?

Old 07-04-2007, 03:25 PM
dJuse

Tired of my dumpy dodge dash. Same complaint as all the others. Cracked dash board, peices missing, even the cluster gage trim is breaking.

I sent and email to the company, I think if more people do it maybe they will eventually have to do somethign about it. I dont know about you all, but I will be continuously sending them emails.

Really agravated with what otherwise is a good product.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Fox Fader
Captain

ORIGINAL: dJuse

Tired of my dumpy dodge dash. Same complaint as all the others. Cracked dash board, peices missing, even the cluster gage trim is breaking.

I sent and email to the company, I think if more people do it maybe they will eventually have to do somethign about it. I dont know about you all, but I will be continuously sending them emails.

Really agravated with what otherwise is a good product.
I don't believe any of this will do any good. The product (our Rams) have already been bought, why should they care now?

Quick Reply: Cracked Dash