2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cracked Dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:11 PM
BostonRamGuy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cracked Dash

I have a red 98 ram, How do you think a red "Flames" overlay cover would look. Wish the company had some pics!

Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 PM
BostonRamGuy
Professional

I contacted the company and they don't make the flames anymore, however they are sending me free samples of all the colors they do currently have! Nice hua?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 PM
atcsat64
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

File a complaint HERE..

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...aintsearch.cfm

Enough complaints may get action!

Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 AM
twcooley

It isn't just that year actually all the years do this. I talked to 3 different dealerships and all told me that it is due to the vehicle being in cold climates. I bought my truck in Cali. no problems the entire 2 years I was there ( trucks a 98 bought 03) moved to Ill. cracked the first winter.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:12 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: twcooley

It isn't just that year actually all the years do this. I talked to 3 different dealerships and all told me that it is due to the vehicle being in cold climates. I bought my truck in Cali. no problems the entire 2 years I was there ( trucks a 98 bought 03) moved to Ill. cracked the first winter.
i think its mostley the 00 and 01 dashes tho right??? i hardley hear of a 90's dash cracking??? maby the 00+ just whine more... i dunno i live in northern canada -45 to +35 deg cel (never mind how hot it gets sitting in the sun) and i dont have a crack (corsing fingers, noking on wood) but i have a 98 and i dident think the older 2gens were
prone to the dash problem

Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
dJuse

Good news, I sent an email to the dodge ram site, THE NEXT DAY they called me back, unfortunately I wasnt there, my wife talked to them, they sounded concerned.

So I called back and left a message, waiting for them to call me back again.

Also, I was thinking about the dash cracking around the airbag? What happens if you wreck, etc. And the airbag comes out all those small cracked peices go flying? Im concerned about that as well, ill keep it updated here when I get in contact again with dodge, im telling you guys, just try emailing them, calling them, until we get some help, they are bound to have to do something eventually.

Also what about that lady on the news who got hers fixed? They probably only did that because she was on the news. Haha.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 AM
mikerados21
Veteran

Damn im workin with the dodge company down here becuz in ada my cousin who owns a 98 dodge ram 1500 like mine dash cracked a big hole in it. after just a weeks complaining they special made him a dash with the material like a ford dash. its real nice. hope i can get one like this too. It was free also since they considered it a defect and a faulty design. whatever ima go complain...

Quick Reply: Cracked Dash