2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 04:09 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Check the back side of the passenger manifold, see if the pipe is still there, or if it has been plugged, folded over, whathaveyou..

You can get a plate, (egr block off plate) and cover the holes in the back, but, PCM may set codes for EGR..... or not. It's a crap shoot.
Is there any way to to let it code or ride funny I looked there is a plug in the header they must of removed the o2 when they did my exaust, 02 pipe is gone...

Old 03-09-2016, 04:17 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie

A bit ruff needs more elbow grease

Already had a double chain but it was loose.. When I put the new one on it was much tighter was scared cam was bad

Bracket pic is for a rough generalization of what it'll look like and sealant pic is where I noticed new timing chain gasket looked kinked :/ didn't notice till I got it all back together

Old 03-09-2016, 09:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

You have headers?? And no O2 sensor? That in and of itself should set a host of codes.....

Old 03-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie

You have headers?? And no O2 sensor? That in and of itself should set a host of codes.....
It was in the description I already had headers and dual exaust this is not a daily driver I didn't notice it gone till what you said where should I run it?

Old 03-09-2016, 10:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Just skip the egr, unless/until it causes a problem. Can you pull the pipe plug out of the header on the passenger side, and install an O2 sensor there? Your truck only uses one.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Just skip the egr, unless/until it causes a problem. Can you pull the pipe plug out of the header on the passenger side, and install an O2 sensor there? Your truck only uses one.
I'm not sure if he welded it or not I need to look if worst comes to worst I can tap it out and install one iv been trying to read up on it do I need the rear one or front and where would it plug in?

Old 03-09-2016, 12:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Front only on your truck. On the OBDI fellers, they didn't care about cat efficiency.

They make weld-on bungs as well.... so, if you can't get the plug out, that would be another option.

Plug for the O2 sensor will be up on top of the trans, just behind the bellhousing. You can see it, or, you can touch it, but, likely not both at the same time.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Front only on your truck. On the OBDI fellers, they didn't care about cat efficiency.

They make weld-on bungs as well.... so, if you can't get the plug out, that would be another option.

Plug for the O2 sensor will be up on top of the trans, just behind the bellhousing. You can see it, or, you can touch it, but, likely not both at the same time.
Haha right on btw should I do the fouler trick or get a x pipe installed cause currently running true duels headers back don't know if that'll mix with the air gas mixture?

Old 03-09-2016, 01:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

X or H pipe wouldn't hurt. If both pipes run down the same side of the truck, just put a cross-pipe in where they first come together, and put the sensor there.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

X or H pipe wouldn't hurt. If both pipes run down the same side of the truck, just put a cross-pipe in where they first come together, and put the sensor there.
Right on right on I'll probably have to wait a min funds are short sucks

Quick Reply: Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500