2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

v8 manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 02:36 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Okay did this swap years ago. Let's see neutral safety wires are already there you just have to plug in the switch part. I think this also applies for the reverse lights, just plug it in on the tranny. Codes oh ya you'll have 4 I belive whatever. I still use my auto pcm, mind you it's Mopar performance pcm. Okay ckps sensor yes it's different than the auto one. I can get some pictures later for you of certain important areas.

I still use my auto steering column and yes it still has the auto gear selector...just to mess with people.

Last edited by merc225hp; 05-30-2024 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2024, 11:54 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is at the firewall, for clutch pedal.

Thats the shaft going through the firewall. Kinda a bitch to deal with.

Old 06-15-2024, 11:15 PM
SharpieDodge
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Step one complete I have my donor truck. 2000, 2500 4x4 v8 factory 5 speed. Even got one with same cab and bed length so hopefully I can just use it's driveshafts. As a little bonus it came with an ez dump, tow mirrors and an offroad bumper with winch and lights, and brand new full length side steps. Next 2 weekends are busy so hopefully gonna get it stripped after work through the week then start swapping my truck in July. Will update after work is underway.

Old 06-16-2024, 09:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Originally Posted by SharpieDodge
Step one complete I have my donor truck. 2000, 2500 4x4 v8 factory 5 speed. Even got one with same cab and bed length so hopefully I can just use it's driveshafts. As a little bonus it came with an ez dump, tow mirrors and an offroad bumper with winch and lights, and brand new full length side steps. Next 2 weekends are busy so hopefully gonna get it stripped after work through the week then start swapping my truck in July. Will update after work is underway.
Ooooo, that's a nice score. What's wrong with the truck, that it is being parted out? If it is in driveable condition, I would be real tempted to fix it's issues, and keep it intact.

Old 06-16-2024, 02:41 PM
SharpieDodge
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Ooooo, that's a nice score. What's wrong with the truck, that it is being parted out? If it is in driveable condition, I would be real tempted to fix it's issues, and keep it intact.
It was a long time landscaping truck. The body is very solid, very very little rust but interior is pretty rough. It's got over 200k of city driving on the engine but the trans is less than a year old. The pcm is failing, needs cats, ball joints and steering components. My main reason is I have an 02 with 80k, a rock solid body/undercarriage and near mint interior minus the dash. However my auto leaves alot to be desired.

Old 06-16-2024, 02:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ah, ok. That makes good sense. You should be able to sell off the parts you don't need, and likely make back most of your investment. Around here, those axles can go for 3-600 bucks a whack. If its an NV241 case, (which it likely is) those are rare as hen's teeth. If it's the 241DHD, those make hen's teeth look downright common...

Old 06-16-2024, 03:34 PM
SharpieDodge
Amateur

Ah, ok. That makes good sense. You should be able to sell off the parts you don't need, and likely make back most of your investment. Around here, those axles can go for 3-600 bucks a whack. If its an NV241 case, (which it likely is) those are rare as hen's teeth. If it's the 241DHD, those make hen's teeth look downright common...
unfortunately I won't have somewhere to store it long term to part out so it'll most likely end up scrapped unless someone comes and gets it.

Old 06-16-2024, 03:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

unfortunately I won't have somewhere to store it long term to part out so it'll most likely end up scrapped unless someone comes and gets it.
So advertise the major stuff you DON'T want, right away. Scrap, you might get a couple hundred for the whole truck. You can sell ONE of the axles for more than that. Maybe talk to a buddy that lives outside of town somewhere.

Old 06-16-2024, 06:49 PM
SharpieDodge
Amateur

So advertise the major stuff you DON'T want, right away. Scrap, you might get a couple hundred for the whole truck. You can sell ONE of the axles for more than that. Maybe talk to a buddy that lives outside of town somewhere.
know anyone around jersey that would be interested? I'm not from here so no buddies less than 12 hours away sadly

Old 06-17-2024, 09:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

know anyone around jersey that would be interested? I'm not from here so no buddies less than 12 hours away sadly
I'm in Michigan, so, I don't know ANYONE in Jersey.

Quick Reply: v8 manual swap