3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

this is starting to make me mad....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is starting to make me mad....

took the truck to dodge last nite, told them the center console dont open, truck has a rod knock, the stain resistent seats are stained, and check the ball joints and tie rod ends, the took it in this morning and called me at 10am to come pick it up. I asked the service adviser about the noise and he said he hears it and the mechanic said the water jets where out of time (wtf? Did I buy a boat?) I come and pick it up and the report says problem canot be duplicated, they did replace the center console latch but thats all they did (along with giving me a screwdriver) I called the dealership and asked for the number for the reginal service manager and they sent me to the dealership service manager, I asked him for the number and he said "heres the 800 number" read it at subsonic speed and hung up on me. I called the 800 number and talked to them telling about all the dealers ive been to about this noise and how its been there since 2k miles and now the truck has 32k and how no dealer can duplicate it and how I have it on video along with the seats which the dealer told me to just go home and wash them with soap and water. I told her that I would not have brought the truck up there if I had not already tried that and she laughed.I told her that I offered the service manager a dvd of the noise when I droped it off and he said he didnt want that. So now im geting pretty upset with dodge. all I want is for them to fix my truck.

P.S. Greything or anyone else, can you get me the number or e-mail address of the reginal service manager?

Old 01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
DD064x4QC
Rookie
Default RE: this is starting to make me mad....

do you have a bench seat? cuz if you do my center console is doing the same thing. its amother to open up. dealership by me said to just lube it up. wtf where do they find these people in the service dept.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

go to the dmv and file a complaint, thats why we pay taxes. all the dealerships will keep giving you the run around

Old 01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ya, bench seat. on the paperwork it says they replaced assembly with upgrade kit. Im trying to find e-mail addresses to sent this dang e-mail too

Old 01-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Racinartist
All Star

Last year I couldn't get my center console open either. I took it to the dealer for that among other problems and they said they had to replace the latch assembly. I haven't had a problem since.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 PM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: turbot_bird

P.S. Greything or anyone else, can you get me the number or e-mail address of the reginal service manager?
Don't waste your time with that. Send Chrysler corp a letter via certified mail outlining your problems and give them a 15 day demand for repair notice....

Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ericemery

As far as finding a regional service manager, call dodges corporate office and ask them for it. They will undoubtably ask why...
care to give me that number? I did a google search, a yellow page search and cant find it. thats why I called they 800 number and I asked for it. they wouldnt give it to me.

Don't waste your time with that. Send Chrysler corp a letter via certified mail outlining your problems and give them a 15 day demand for repair notice....
thats a good idea, I just sent an e-mail to service@chrysler.com If I get nothing by tuesday ill do that.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
viper359
Professional

I had same issue with centre console, dealer quickly replaced the latch issue. No problems since.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ya, they fixed my latch, it opens nice now. just wish they would do something about the rest of the stuff instead of giving me the run around.

Quick Reply: this is starting to make me mad....