3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool New brakes

A few people might have noticed me complaining about a stuck brake caliper last week. Well I'm happy to report it's all fixed now. Had the fluid flushed, new calipers, rotors, and pads installed today. No more stuck overheating brake and she stops like never before. I decided to go with the premium dimpled and slotted rotors from BrakePerformance.com along with their premium semi-metallic pads after hearing Eric's experience with them. Needless to say greatly improved braking feel would be an understatement! Anyway what good is a post without pictures? (Yes I know the wheels are dirty, give me a break.)

2010-04-16180804.jpg

2010-04-16180812.jpg

Old 04-16-2010, 10:48 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's perty... I am still putting mine off I have the same ones. Did you install it yourself?

Old 04-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Slick Dakota
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that does look good, I am trying to get some more wear out of my current brakes before I start replacing them but am really looking forward to the upgrade.. Cya Slick

Old 04-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Moneyman19
Captain

Dude lol i just got mine done yesterday from brake performance test drove it last ntie in the rain she seemed to stop very well. I 2 had the same problems. good lucky with yours i have the same ones as you. I did try to get the ceramic pads but they called me up saying they dont make them for our trucks. anyways i also had to replace a coil pack and might have to replace more grrr... sorry to steal ur post lol

Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by trucky
That's perty... I am still putting mine off I have the same ones. Did you install it yourself?
No I wanted to but thanks to the appendectomy I'm still not allowed to do anything strenuous or lift anything remotely heavy for another 5 weeks according to the doc. The guy I went to was very fair on his labor rate but it still wasn't cheap.

Originally Posted by Moneyman19
Dude lol i just got mine done yesterday from brake performance test drove it last ntie in the rain she seemed to stop very well. I 2 had the same problems. good lucky with yours i have the same ones as you. I did try to get the ceramic pads but they called me up saying they dont make them for our trucks. anyways i also had to replace a coil pack and might have to replace more grrr... sorry to steal ur post lol
Thanks man, good luck to you too. You flushed all the fluid too right?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Moneyman19
Captain

yes he did lol

Old 04-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch, glad your okay man. Brakes look great!

Old 04-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by ericemery
glad to see you got it taken care of rich.

I am ordering some dimpled slotted for the talon fronts, and some cross drilled for the backs... Yeah, I like the rotors. lol
I just wish I could put them on the back too. Someday... lol.

Quick Reply: New brakes