3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Important! Read Before May 7th If you Have a Superchips 3865 or 3950!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:30 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For shift schedules, you can choose between stock, superchips, and user. The user settings start off with what your truck shifts like for stock. You cannot modify superchips schedule, so you start out from scratch. From here, you can move the shift points around, and in general most people make it so they only have to feather the throttle to get it to downshift. They can also make it hold it some gears longer with more throttle, ect. The excel graphs come in to help setting up the shift schedules so you up shifts and down shifts dont cross. If they ever did cross, you would get in to a shifting loop. Your programmer isnt supposed to let you do this, as the programmer has fail safes built in but the graph makes it 100 times easier to lay out a schedule. And the closer you move the upshifts and downshifts, the more aggressive yous shift schedule will be.

2p is a second 2nd gear that is never used in a standard upshift pattern. 2p is the second gear that is used when you hit the petal to get the truck to downshift from 3rd or 4th. For my graph, I pretty much just laid 2p with the standard 2nd up shift. But thats the great thing about this program, you can custom tune the tranny to your liking and your style.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:52 AM
thecause17
Veteran

Originally Posted by rengnath
2p is a second 2nd gear that is never used in a standard upshift pattern. 2p is the second gear that is used when you hit the petal to get the truck to downshift from 3rd or 4th.
I'm assuming you meant downshift from 3rd to 2nd here? So I take it the p is for "passing." If this is the case, I understand, as this was also the case on 5-speed auto Fords that I've had.

So the Excel spreadsheets are being made up by hand correct? This isn't a function of the tuner?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 AM
rengnath
Champion

Yes, a passing gear.

The excel charts are made by the user, not the tuner. With excel though, all you have to do is change your value and it automatically changes the graph. Its very user-friendly, expecially if you have a laptop because you can just go sit in the truck for a couple hours while you play with values.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:23 PM
hendrixx324
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i still am messing with my shift schedule blindly. I cant use excel for my life and i didnt get it to shift down easy yet. im an idiot when it comes wo excel

Old 05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
MrCrash
Veteran

Didn't get to play with any settings this weekend, but I chirped 2nd pretty good earlier

Old 05-25-2010, 10:10 AM
rengnath
Champion

My truck cant chirp but it will jerk your head in to the head rest. I never realized it until I took my friends out and they commented on how firm it shifts, and then I noticed it really does plant your head in to the seat. The girls dont seem to think its as cool as the guys though. They just dont understand.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Racinartist
All Star

They usually don't...

:/

Old 05-25-2010, 06:12 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Well guys, I guess Ron is too busy to answer my question and it seems the 4.7 is the beat, unloved, red headed step-child once again. I know some of you have paid your $40 to the get the Trans Tune, as well as I plan to soon, but I was trying to help out the less fortunate eith a free DL. Anyways, I did find out why the Hemis were giving the 3 day free downloads. I posted this over in the 3rd Gen Ram SC Thread as well as the SC Forum... DF pulled through again and I decided to give Ronny some **** for his awesome unhelpfulness. Ill be DLing mine update sometime soon. So I'll be frolicking with the Trans Tune soon... LOL

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the 4.7L guys didnt catch the same break as the Hemi guys? And by what I mean is, the Hemis got a 3 day download for free window. Whys there never love for the 4.7L? Just saying...
Originally Posted by SilsHemi
The Hemi guys were promised custom tuning five years ago, so Superchips decided to offer the coupon to that group. The fee to upgrade will be nominal. You don't have to upgrade. You can wait for feedback and if you like what you read, you can upgrade in the future.

Sil
Btw heres the https://www.superchips.com/forum/vie...p=41043#p41043 thread from SCs Site...

And does anyone have a link to the Excel Spreadsheet...

Hendrixx its not too bad once you understand the jest of it... what dont you understand?

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 05-25-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:48 PM
rengnath
Champion

Lghtngblt02, if you would like the spreadsheet I laid out a couple weeks ago just give me your email. Its a working schedule I put together for my 05, I just havent had time to sit down and actually tweak it to my exact liking.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
hendrixx324
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02

Hendrixx its not too bad once you understand the jest of it... what dont you understand?

Well i dont no when i want it to shift if its turned off lol. i wana make it so i can push the pedal and the truck moves without delay at 40 miles an hour. You no what i meen? idk how to make it do that

Quick Reply: Important! Read Before May 7th If you Have a Superchips 3865 or 3950!