Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:54 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher

Three points here. First, I have run both tuners, Diablo and SC and neither blows the other out of the water in terms of canned tunes. Second, it has not been over a year since the first polls were released about the new features. The polls were first released in Nov 2008. Third, do not come on here and call Sil or anyone else a “bitch”. No matter what you may feel about SC or Sil you have no right to call anyone a “bitch” or anything else. Keep your personal attacks to yourself.
I appreciate you keeping the decorum of the forum intact. Thank you very much Jason.

Sil

Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

A year is a big stretch on the poll data there Skullycapone. For the record, Superchips never officially started that poll to begin with so expecting our engineering to run in-line with that is presumptuous on your part. The survey was conducted by one of your peers to measure interest in certain features. He then solicited Superchips with the data to help us prioritize and allocate resources. If you ever had to run a business you’d understand there is a balance between engineering resources (headcount, tools, projects), government regulations (CARB, EPA, NHTSA, DOT, FMVSS), customer expectations (Hemi customers, Cummins, Powerstroke, Duramax, Nissan, Jeep, etc all want something) and technical limitations (CPU, memory, protocols, GUI, etc). If you have a magic wand to solve these issues, let us borrow it so we can get your transmission tuning sooner.

Despite your best Da Vinci Code/Truther/Birther/Magic-Bullet ranting, there is no conspiracy afoot regarding 3815 and advanced transmission tuning. The 3815 Flashpaq does not have the capacity to handle the advanced processing etc required to do the transmission tuning Hemi customers are demanding Superchips deliver. If we thought we could run the first gen Flashpaq another 10 years with the current internals, why would we even think of spending all that money to make the second generation unit? It has been repeated a thousand times here that the first gen ran out of room plain and simple. You can't make a Commodore 64 run like a Power Mac Pro no matter how hard you try.

Hacking the device is obviously something you’re entitled to do since it’s your tuner. After all that’s how the other tuning companies get most of their tuning... We wouldn’t recommend it for obvious reasons.

Superchips has openly stated its desire to get this feature working sooner than later. It’s in beta mode right now and we’re discovering issues requiring more attention before it’s rolled out to a broader audience. All we can say is it’s not ready yet. If you want it sooner, go use your other tuner. Oh yeah, they don’t have it either because they are probably waiting (like you) for us to finish it so they can poach it while you hack it.

Enough with the promises promises shtick. It’s in beta testing and should be out soon. Read the postings from the testers and you’ll see it’s more complicated and advanced then the translucent brick you’re using. If your unwilling to wait then move on so the patient people interested in this data can continue to enjoy this thread without interruption.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:40 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

woah, what happened in here?!

anybody can argue as much as they want about how bad *** the diablo is...but they don't support trans on the 04s. winner for me, SC.

diablo was also plenty late with the relase of the predator for hemis?

but he does have a point, this waiting bit is getting REALLY old...I understand resources and etc...but jeeeeezz

Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

i have waited 3 years for this a few more months for perfection wont hurt. keep up the good work to SC and to the beta testers.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:55 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
this waiting bit is getting REALLY old...I understand resources and etc...but jeeeeezz
I agree with you there. Waiting is the most difficult part.

The 07-08 testers have done an excellent job finding bugs. This will make the transition to 04-05 work much more smoothly. Will you guys find bugs when you start testing? Probably so and that will be very helpful to all years as well.

Personally, I've found this process to be enlightening. Superchips is most concerned that they release a powerful product that works properly. That's why we've seen a delay. Coding our computers properly is a time consuming task. The engineer is meticulous as well, which is great thing. When you begin testing, you'll forget the wait immediately. It's that good.

Sil

Old 10-02-2009, 12:15 PM
carusso1

Below is a response from SC with regard to a lack of performance issue I was having when running their tuner on any setting in my 2008 Hemi 1500 Big Horn.

Hello Craig,

I apologize - I do not think it is just your 2008 Ram – This might be typical of all 2008 Ram’s.

I do not know what to suggest – when ignition timing is added – the vehicles PCM is pulling some out. You are right on the edge of peak power gain.

Thanks,

Technical Support
407-585-7000

My question was, will the new updates possibly correct the problem I was having? So if any of you with 2008's are having performance problems beware of purchasing this tuner. Now I don't want to bad mouth SC. They did try to do all they could but could not figure out what my problem was. Their customer service was excellent. I returned the tuner to Summit Racing but SC was going to step up and return my money if Summit Racing did not. Thank you SC for that!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skullycapone -- I'm as tired of waiting for this as everyone else and I'm not even getting an update for my truck (stupid 03's). You have a right to be annoyed, but personal attacks to members of this forum and false accusations toward the sponsors are NEVER appropriate. Keep your crap outta here because no one appreciates your comments.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:33 PM
RagingSamster
Amateur

Any news on 08 4.7L support? I may have missed it if it's released already

Old 10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RagingSamster
Any news on 08 4.7L support? I may have missed it if it's released already
Already released for the 4.7L Ram.

Name:  Dodge20084_7LSalesBulletin_Forum.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  104.3 KB

Old 10-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is for technical questions and troubleshooting Superchips products, not hassling their company reps and bashing their products. Any future posts hassling or attacking Superchips will be removed and the posters banned.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates