Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Setting up a baseline schedule sounds like a good idea. That way guys would have a place to start off at rather than just guessing what might or might not work in terms of settings.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:13 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Setting up a baseline schedule sounds like a good idea. That way guys would have a place to start off at rather than just guessing what might or might not work in terms of settings.
I agree.

As we move along, I'll post more information about the testing of George's PT schedule.

Sil

Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ThunderedRod
How about an ETA on the 06s????
Superchips engineer and programmers are working in this order: 07-08, 04-05, 06.

Sil

Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Not yet. We're testing it among the beta testers for now. What would be nice, if we could come up with some kind of baseline schedule and folks can have somewhere to start. The program will have a learning curve for sure, but with a schedule to start off with may be helpful. Thing is, we have to see how it functions on all the beta trucks. For all intents and purposes, calibrations and settings must be exact for two trucks to have the same settings (TP%'s and MPH).

Sil
That's what's so difficult about making a one-size-fits-all trans tune. The base tune will just be a guideline. It will get you into the neighborhood, but you'll need to tweak it to your exact specs. It wouldn't really be "custom trans tuning" if there was just one perfect way to do it.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
That's what's so difficult about making a one-size-fits-all trans tune. The base tune will just be a guideline. It will get you into the neighborhood, but you'll need to tweak it to your exact specs. It wouldn't really be "custom trans tuning" if there was just one perfect way to do it.
You are correct sir. What's promising is, so far all the beta testers like your PT schedule. It's street-able and can be tweaked from the current settings. Promising baseline.

Sil

Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 AM
CARRAM

As one of the current beta testers I have to say that these new adjustments are everything they're advertised as. There is a TON to grasp and play with but once you get it fine tuned you can get your truck shifting just about anyway you want. All I can say is that if these adjustments are any indication of how well the line pressure adjustment might work in the future my opinion of the 545RFE might change drastically. The ability to keep your vehicle more in the powerband really make a difference in overall drivability and remind you of the power that is actually there, although normally disguised by horrible factory shift schedules.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:34 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by CARRAM
As one of the current beta testers I have to say that these new adjustments are everything they're advertised as. There is a TON to grasp and play with but once you get it fine tuned you can get your truck shifting just about anyway you want. All I can say is that if these adjustments are any indication of how well the line pressure adjustment might work in the future my opinion of the 545RFE might change drastically. The ability to keep your vehicle more in the powerband really make a difference in overall drivability and remind you of the power that is actually there, although normally disguised by horrible factory shift schedules.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is line pressure adjust a definite feature that we are going to see?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 PM
joe44473
Rookie

And when will the 03 rams be delt with

Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 PM
ThunderedRod
Rookie

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Superchips engineer and programmers are working in this order: 07-08, 04-05, 06.

Sil
Yeah I read that earlier. I am talking about a date or maybe even a month?? I realize you guys have been working on these programs for a while and they still haven't been released. Not that it really matters for me since I am last on the list with the 06 guys but will the releases be for each different group? Or will the program be released all at once to everyone?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates