Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:24 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I noticed there is now a third setup for '04s listed on the site, Erics? Anywho, it looks like a good one to use as a starting point. I am going to have a little time to "play" tomorrow and plan on plugging this one in.
I'll let y'all know what I think...
Yep. Eric is on HTC mostly. I agree, it's a nice schedule to start off with and make some changes.

Sil

Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Here's a PM I received on DT that I felt was well worth sharing...

Folks,

Here's a PM that I thought was well worth sharing....

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348
Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348
You have 1 that's listed as Schedule 9 and the other listed as Low Schedule 1. Whats the difference between the 2?

I'm going to use your this weekend when I finally get a chance to sit down and program it.
Shift Schedule is the daily driver.
Low Shift Schedule is used when transfer case is in 4-Low.
OD Off Shift Schedule is used with the OD Off option.
OK, thanks. Now, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet so just asking, when I program the shift schedule, am I able to install all three at the same time during the programming phase or do I have to program each one individually before I actually go into it?

Ex: Before I shift into 4Lo, would I have to change my shift schedule from the daily driver and reprogram everything for Low Shift. then after I am through 4wheeling, have to go back and reprogram again for the DD? Or, would it hold all three schedules there in the PCM so I would just be able to shift between them as if I were running the stock tunes?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Am I able to reprogram the PCM with all 3 schedules at once and they stay there for easy access or do I have to run only 1 program at the time in the PCM?

This weekend, I'll be running at least 1 tank of gas through palying so hopefully I'll stop being such a noob to all this.

Thanks again man for doing the hard part.
John,

Excellent question! Oh! And, You're welcome!

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to move our PM into the forums.

When programming the shift schedules you have several options. You can program Shift Schedule and TM and leave Low Shift Schedule and OD Off Schedules as either Stock or set them to Superchips. Also, you can set Low Shift Schedule and/or OD Off Shift Schedule to User and tune to your liking.

Once you've tuned Shift Schedule, Low Shift Schedule and OD Off Shift Schedule their values are retained. So, if you put your truck in 4-Low, it will use Low Shift Schedule no matter what you've set it to: Stock, User or Superships.

The same is true for OD Off Shift Schedule. Once you've programmed it and you select OD Off on the shifter, your OD Off Shift Schedule is used.

All of these schedules are kept in the PCM so it's just a matter of switching to 4-Low and the Low Shift Schedule is used. Push OD Off button and OD Off Shift Schedule is used. Again, it will use whichever tune you've selected: Stock, User or Superchips.

Have fun this weekend!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are there any numbers of how many people downloaded the new trans tuning?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i agree i too would like to know ...and this 4.7 is still waiting patiently....

Old 05-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

I just thought I'd say thanks to Scott and the team at Superchips. Nice work on the trans tuning. I've just started diving into it, but looks like alot of work so for that Thanks!

Also to Sil and the Beta testers, Thanks! I've only started and have many hours sunk into all the endless possibilities. You guys must have some serious hours sunk into these tuning options and the exel worksheets. The Exel worksheets definitely give you a heads up on what your doing, NICE! Your work definitely makes everyone elses life easier.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Lowrider82
Rookie

Can someone tell me what the difference between the Cortex and the Flashpaq is? When i compare the the two all i see is the powertrain warrenty. Also, if i get one or the other can i still program my truck to the MileageXS settings or do i have to buy both?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Lowrider82
Can someone tell me what the difference between the Cortex and the Flashpaq is? When i compare the the two all i see is the powertrain warrenty. Also, if i get one or the other can i still program my truck to the MileageXS settings or do i have to buy both?
It's in the FAQ: http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/

Old 05-17-2010, 11:48 PM
dru22

Four point seven liter?....Sil?

Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by dru22
Four point seven liter?....Sil?

Ron just posted on the SC forum that it would be a couple weeks still .... and this was yesterday.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

4.7l updates are ready to be downloaded the same way the hemi ones were no coupons it will be the nominal fee they are released today....

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates