Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:36 PM
giro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mschuster,
Thanks for the info. Knowing that the future release is running on current over-the-counter 3865s makes me feel a lot better about buying now. Any info on if there will be a fee for the update for people that buy the tuners prior to the release? For instance, if I bought today and the release doesn't come out for a year, would the release only be free for people who bought the tuner closer to the release date?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:06 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by giro
mschuster,
Thanks for the info. Knowing that the future release is running on current over-the-counter 3865s makes me feel a lot better about buying now. Any info on if there will be a fee for the update for people that buy the tuners prior to the release? For instance, if I bought today and the release doesn't come out for a year, would the release only be free for people who bought the tuner closer to the release date?
Giro,
You buy the tuner and you get the update when it's released. SC has no plans, that *I* know of, to charge anyone for any of the upgrades.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

This video shows you the tuner resets I've been having. These are believed to be software resets and not necessarily in the new transmission code. While most of the resets have been in the new shift schedules, I've also had a reset while entering/viewing DAQ.

Since I have no way of knowing when a reset may occur, I video taped several experiments so I could send DVDs to the engineers. This is the end of an experiment where I had tested viewing and recording all shift schedules' shift points, then backed out of the tune, unplugged the tuner and went through the same process again to verify there where no changes in the values. It is about a 5 minute video with me calling out; %TP, MPH, Set Point and Range values for ODrive Off Shift Schedule, Shift 2P dn and Shift 2 dn when the reset occurred.

These resets have all occurred in non-critical areas of the tuning process. As you watch the end of the video, you will notice, after the reset, I simply turn my truck off, and clear the two U0100 - Lost Communications to the ECM/PCM - codes left by the reset. At this point I can restart the tuning process without any problems with the tuner or my truck. However, you can see why we have to get this corrected prior to the production release.

OH! Just so you know, I'm the only beta tester with an '07, 2500HD, MegaCab, SLT, 4x4 and this may be why no one else has had the reset issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DSkFWmkd4

P.S. The background noise is 44 degF rain.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is good to see that they are working on getting all the kinks worked out prior to release.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I have had zero problems and my truck drives better than ever. Thank you SC.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Zero problems sounds like a program that is ready for release to the guys with 1500's.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:37 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Zero problems sounds like a program that is ready for release to the guys with 1500's.
Program is working great for majority. Just a hiccup or two here and there. Testers have been mostly doing road testing and fine tuning settings, since 04 is being worked now.

Sil

Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Program is working great for majority. Just a hiccup or two here and there. Testers have been mostly doing road testing and fine tuning settings, since 04 is being worked now.

Sil
Sounds like they are progressing with getting the programming squared away and all the bugs worked out.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:40 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Same here. Different truck with this program. Can't emphasize that enough.

All the PT settings and TM settings you could ever want. Cool.

Sil

Old 10-17-2009, 11:51 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Sounds like they are progressing with getting the programming squared away and all the bugs worked out.
Yep and he's making progress on 04. The great thing is, as he continues this process he'll find more improvements for all years. 04 will be a huge accomplishment.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates