Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to be a dick, but indefinite means its not defined. far as I know, its not defined.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
but indefinite means its not defined. far as I know, its not defined.
That's correct. Judging by some of your posts, I know you've had a difficult time waiting. We all have different expectation levels and that's perfectly cool. When you say indefinite, it gives folks the impression their is no time frame. There is a time frame, but Superchips won't disclose it for the reasons I mentioned earlier. They already went through this with custom tuning.

Unfortunately, with this program, patience is what we'll all have to exercise. They're wanting a complete product for your truck and all other years. We could go back and forth all day long about the wait, it just won't speed up the wait time. I'll say this again, when you load up the program the wait will be a distant memory.

Sil

Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Folks, I wanted to give you a little feedback on where *I* am in my testing. I'm still plagued with random tuner resets and, I seem to be the only one of the beta testers experiencing the issue. I video recorded 6 different experiments to force a tuner reset and sent 5 DVDs to SC this morning. The resets are believed to be software related (not necessarily in the new software) and the DVDs will help the engineers to diagnose the problem. I may be given a special release of the beta to aid in their diagnostics. We simply cannot release the beta to production without first correcting this problem.

Secondly: I've been working on an FAQ for the transmission tuning on the Flashpaq 3865 and Cortex 3950. I have a few pages of questions and answers built and will be sending them off to the engineers for final approval. It's going to take a few days to go through the many, many pages on the three forums to compile the questions and answers but, I hope to have most of the FAQ completed for production.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
That's correct. Judging by some of your posts, I know you've had a difficult time waiting. We all have different expectation levels and that's perfectly cool. When you say indefinite, it gives folks the impression their is no time frame. There is a time frame, but Superchips won't disclose it for the reasons I mentioned earlier. They already went through this with custom tuning.
What you are basically saying is that SuperChips won't disclose it because they are not confident they will meet it. and the custom tuning is a terrible example to use in this case, since they never released it.

Unfortunately, with this program, patience is what we'll all have to exercise. They're wanting a complete product for your truck and all other years. We could go back and forth all day long about the wait, it just won't speed up the wait time. I'll say this again, when you load up the program the wait will be a distant memory.

Sil
I agree %100. I have no misconception that this conversation speeds things up. But just as you are asking me to not make it sound worse than it is, please don't make it sound like its right around the corner from the weekend, because it's not.
We already had a falling out with people buying the 3815 then finding out it won't work (for legitimate reasons, but won't work nonetheless). I don't want people to pick up a 3865 for those options and then end up pissed because they wait 6 months, which may happen. Again for legitimate reasons, but waiting nonetheless.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:31 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

What you are basically saying is that SuperChips won't disclose it because they are not confident they will meet it. and the custom tuning is a terrible example to use in this case, since they never released it.
CMR is perfect example. They said it would happen and it didn't. That was a promise that didn't happen. Same thing in this case. They can't promise anything here. They also won't give you a program that won't support 04 or won't support all up/dn shifts.

They are confident they can release a working program for all.

I agree %100. I have no misconception that this conversation speeds things up. But just as you are asking me to not make it sound worse than it is, please don't make it sound like its right around the corner from the weekend, because it's not..
I've gone out of my way to ask for patience in regards to the release of this program. All you have to do is check my prior posts. If you're saying my posts giving feedback and my thoughts are in way promising something, we disagree there.

Sil

Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the bottom line is that it will happen when it happens and there really isn't anything that any of us can do about the timeline.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I think the bottom line is that it will happen when it happens and there really isn't anything that any of us can do about the timeline.
I agree.

Mark is working on an FAQ Jason. If it's approved by Superchips, we'll post it up here. Just so you know, they are working 04 now. It's been difficult, but this engineer will tame it and make it a great program.

Sil

Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A FAQ about the new tuning will be really helpful when the everyone gets their hands on these features and need guidance on how exactly to go about using them. I know that I will be reading it as soon as it comes out.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I agree.

Mark is working on an FAQ Jason. If it's approved by Superchips, we'll post it up here. Just so you know, they are working 04 now. It's been difficult, but this engineer will tame it and make it a great program.

Sil
yea, FAQ would be good. No doubt the software is gonna be great, just getting irate with the waiting.

glad to hear 04 is up

Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Invigor

Hey I was told that there was an option to program a second vehicle with the same cortex programer ...... is this true and how does one get this ability?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates