Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 3865 comes pre loaded for several Dodge truck applications. The easiest way to determine if another vehicle is applicable is by returning your vehicle to stock and then plug in to the other vehicle. Another way is by visiting our web site online and do a vehicle search.

Scott

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
I got my 3865 last night, and it appears to be preloaded for my specific vehicle. Can I use it on another specified vehicle? If so, what do I have to do?

Thanks!

-Chris

Old 06-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
The 3865 comes pre loaded for several Dodge truck applications. The easiest way to determine if another vehicle is applicable is by returning your vehicle to stock and then plug in to the other vehicle. Another way is by visiting our web site online and do a vehicle search.

Scott
Thanks for the reply Scott, but Im not sure I follow. You mean I can only have a performance tune on one vehicle at a time?

Perhaps you could explain in detail what goes on inside. I presume there is x amount of blank memory inside, and this is where the stock configuration is stored, thus, if I didnt "return" mine to stock and put it on a different vehicle, the memory would be over written, and my stock configuration/data would be gone for good?

I also presume there is firmware that is specific to the compatible computers, and that is what dictates what year/make/model you can write to?

Ill probably have another question after you respond.

Thanks!

-Chris

Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay my guys with the 4.7s i need to see a few shift schedules so i can cheat a lil that way i dont overlap my shifts and screw something up, as most of you all know i was away for my wedding and honeymoon well now im back and its time to play as i had no opportunity to do so before i got hitched....

Old 06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Our current models lock to the host vehicle being tuned so that your stock files can be retained in the programmer while the Superchips files are in the vehicle. That allows you to return to stock for service or to tune another vehicle.

Once back to stock the programmer is then allowed to be plugged into another host.

Feel free to post more questions here or PM me. I am always available.

Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott, but Im not sure I follow. You mean I can only have a performance tune on one vehicle at a time?

Perhaps you could explain in detail what goes on inside. I presume there is x amount of blank memory inside, and this is where the stock configuration is stored, thus, if I didnt "return" mine to stock and put it on a different vehicle, the memory would be over written, and my stock configuration/data would be gone for good?

I also presume there is firmware that is specific to the compatible computers, and that is what dictates what year/make/model you can write to?

Ill probably have another question after you respond.

Thanks!

-Chris

Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 AM
skvmax4
Default schedule question

how do I copy the shift schedules from the forum to my programer , I find it fairly confusing.
Thanks in advance

Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Our current models lock to the host vehicle being tuned so that your stock files can be retained in the programmer while the Superchips files are in the vehicle. That allows you to return to stock for service or to tune another vehicle.

Once back to stock the programmer is then allowed to be plugged into another host.

Feel free to post more questions here or PM me. I am always available.

Scott
Wow. Frankly, that sucks. Sounds like a sales ploy to sell more programmers.

Oh well, thanks for the explanation.

-Chris

Old 06-03-2010, 08:03 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Wow. Frankly, that sucks. Sounds like a sales ploy to sell more programmers.

Oh well, thanks for the explanation.

-Chris
Chris,

That's the norm in the industry.

If a unit could tune multiple vehicles, these tuning companies could not stay in business.

Sil

Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
blackmamba13
Professional

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 3865 for my 04 hemi. I am completely new to tuners so my pardon if the question is very basic. When using a tow tune what grade of gas is required. The answer to this will help me decide if I get this before my cross country move. thnx

Old 06-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Chris,

That's the norm in the industry.

If a unit could tune multiple vehicles, these tuning companies could not stay in business.

Sil
Yeah, I know, but its a little frustrating when your second car uses the exact same unit...forcing you to buy 2 when you would never be using them at the same time.

Oh well, it is what it is.

-Chris

Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know, but its a little frustrating when your second car uses the exact same unit...forcing you to buy 2 when you would never be using them at the same time.

Oh well, it is what it is.

-Chris
Agreed. They should at least have it to where each tuner comes with like 2 licenses, and you can purchase up to 2 more licenses with the unit...like in case I was rich some day and have a Challenger in the summer, drive the truck in the winter and when towing...and the ol lady has a Charger in summer and Commander in winter...

But I see where the issue lyes...if we had unlimited access to the tuners, we could load the programs on all our buddy's trucks and stuff...so a line has to be drawn somewhere...But shouldn't be at 1. Heck even the greedy's at Microsoft give you like up to 3 computers that you can load Windows onto

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates