Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
doneking
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sil,

I've believe I have read the answer somewhere in this saga of a thread, but can't find it...

*Regarding the 2004's:

1.) Are they currently only going to work, test and release the 5.7 engines first and then go back and work on the 4.7, Cummins, etc?

2.) Or will they release the 2004 year as a bundle to serve all engine models?

If possible...these questions can address all of the years that they are working/will work on.

Thanks,

DK

Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

We are working hard to try and have trans tuning options available for all 2004-2008+ 5.7L and 4.7L models released at the same time if all goes according to plan. It will all depend on how quickly everything comes together.

I will be able to offer up more accurate info once we get closer to the release date.

Scott

Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
giro
Default New guy with long post

I’m a new guy here on the forum and new to the tuning world but trying to learn a lot fast. I’m looking to buy a tuner and I’m trying to decide which one to go with. I’m currently leaning towards the 3865 but I change my mind every few days (wanted the Edge last week). I’ve been reading about the beta tests and was wondering how likely it is that this update will come to the masses. From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like the guys who bought the 3815 bought it under the assumption that these updates were coming to them and now they are not happy that they are left out. It seems I would be in a similar purchasing situation if I bought the 3865 now and used the future features as a purchasing decision. I could end up with a 3815 that has a different # on it if the release doesn’t happen.

Hopefully someone can answer a few questions: What is the exact date the update will be released? (just kidding about that first question)

Seriously, from what I understand, the beta testers are doing their thing on the ’07-’08s and it sounds like things are going well and progress is being made. That sounds great to me as I have an ’07. However, it sounds like they are going to wait until they get the other years worked out and release everything together and it also sounds like the '04s are particularly difficult. I’m a little worried that at some point they scrap the whole idea and say it’s not plausible. If the '04s prove too difficult, will it be released for the ’07-’08 models or just abandoned altogether?

Are the beta testers using their own personal 3865 store-bought tuners that they updated with the beta or using a unit sent to them by Superchips?

I’m patient and am not looking for a timeframe and by comparing old posts (from months ago) and new posts of today I’m under the assumption that we are possibly more than a year away. I could live with that if I knew it was going to be released and would work on the current 3865. Will there be any added charge for the added features if they are released? I'm guessing the assumption by most is that all updates are free but do we have any assurance that if they are released in the future that current owners will get it?

I’m probably going to wait until I buy but it would be nice to have the current features now while waiting for the update. I just don’t feel confident that the update will be reality. Maybe I’ve been reading too much. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully most of it made sense.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:22 PM
doneking
Amateur

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
We are working hard to try and have trans tuning options available for all 2004-2008+ 5.7L and 4.7L models released at the same time if all goes according to plan. It will all depend on how quickly everything comes together.

I will be able to offer up more accurate info once we get closer to the release date.

Scott

Thank you Sil.

DK

Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by giro
I’m currently leaning towards the 3865 but I change my mind every few days (wanted the Edge last week). I’ve been reading about the beta tests and was wondering how likely it is that this update will come to the masses.
If you go with the 3865, the transmission tuning will be available to you. It's not going to be scrapped. Program will be released. The 3815 couldn't handle the commands and additional space this program required. The 3865 can.

The 3865 has some nice features already for your 07. MDS Disable, WOT shift points (1-2, 2-3), REV limiter, tire size option, 4 tunes, advance data acquisition (whole bunch of parameters you can log). My Superchips rocked before the beta and now it's insane.

I say go for it now and have fun.

Sil

Old 10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Giro,
The new SC trans options are out of this world and they are working great. Be patient, be smart, be happy.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Are the beta testers using their own personal 3865 store-bought tuners that they updated with the beta or using a unit sent to them by Superchips?
The answer to both parts is yes, however, we only have a single tuner. There is no difference in the tuner that you may buy today and the ones we have in beta. It's only the download files that make us different. And BOY! what a difference!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Sorry if this has already been answered but I don't really want to search through a hundred pages to find my answer. But I am looking for a Programmer for mine. I have the 5.9L in my 02. What can the 3865 do for me? What all can I change around and will it benefit me much? I noticed that the edge programmers have the little readout thing that tells IAT and such can the superchips do that as well?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

With the 5.9, stick with the 3815. much cheaper, and will do pretty much everything that the 3865 would do for you since the new stuff isn't available on the 5.9.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

How much do the 3815's run price wise I'm a student and cash is something I need to conserve a little bit of. What all can I do though with one of these tuners? I'm just curious to know. I heard something about a deathflash and that the superchips could get rid of that, and is the superchips the best choice, or would I be better off with a diablo sport, or edge?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates