Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormin264
once all the testing is done and the various versions are released, it would be neat for the testers to release their settings as a sort of "playlist" for us novices to start from and play around with.
This will happen.

During this beta, the testers have worked up a baseline part throttle schedule. George had the initial input and provided an excellent starting point. It's been tweaked little by little along the way.

When the program is released, we can provide this schedule as a tool to get acquainted with the program almost immediately.

So basically, you'll have some nice settings to start off with and you can tweak from there.

Sil

Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 AM
doneking
Amateur

I've searched for an answer to my question, but have not seen it addressed.

I have the 3865 tuner and have been playing around with just the tunes that are programmed by SC (87 tune, Performance, Towing, etc.). I have not had a chance to play with the trans and rev tunes that I control.

Here are my two questions:

If I have picked and programmed the truck for the "Performance Tune" and want to change my rev limits and shifts...Does that overide/cancel the programmed "Performance" tune and just use my changes? OR Does it keep the performance tune and add my shift and rev limit changes in conjunction?

DK

Old 11-10-2009, 11:40 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by doneking
Here are my two questions:

If I have picked and programmed the truck for the "Performance Tune" and want to change my rev limits and shifts...Does that overide/cancel the programmed "Performance" tune and just use my changes? OR Does it keep the performance tune and add my shift and rev limit changes in conjunction?

DK
When you advance tune, it will ask you to choose your tune. Then it will take you to an options menu that you can scroll through. There you can choose your REV limit, WOT 1-2, 2-3 shifts, etc. Once you make your choices, scroll down save/exit and follow the prompts.

The tuner will build the file with the options you chose. The programmer will then erase your current tuned PCM file and re-tune the truck.

If you don't need them, don't go into the tire size option or gear ratio option (if available).

Sil

Old 11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
doneking
Amateur

So I'm doing an advanced performance tune (if that is the one I've picked) when I customize the shift points and Rev limits?

I assume that I would need to still run 91 or < octane gas...Correct?

On the flip side, if I program the truck with the 87 tune and then customize the WOT and Rev limits...I can run 87 octane gas?

DK

Old 11-10-2009, 02:13 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

So I'm doing an advanced performance tune (if that is the one I've picked) when I customize the shift points and Rev limits?
There's two choices. Quick tune or advance tune. Only difference between the two is, chosing advance tune allows you access to options. The quick tune loads a Superchips default tune. Quick tune is for folks who don't want to mess with setting the REV limit or WOT shift points.

No difference in engine tuning between the quick or advance selections.

I assume that I would need to still run 91 or < octane gas...Correct?
If you choose the 91 tune or tow tune, you have to use 91 octane or better.

if I program the truck with the 87 tune and then customize the WOT and Rev limits...I can run 87 octane gas?
You can run 87.

Sil

Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
doneking
Amateur

Thanks, Sil. I have avoided the advanced tune, because I didn't want to screw anything up. I've been playing with the quick tunes for now.

I'll have to check the advanced tuning out and maybe I'll be ready to move on to the trans tuning that will be out in the future.

DK

Old 11-10-2009, 03:02 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Thanks, Sil. I have avoided the advanced tune, because I didn't want to screw anything up. I've been playing with the quick tunes for now.

I'll have to check the advanced tuning out and maybe I'll be ready to move on to the trans tuning that will be out in the future.
You can do it.

Post a thread on the Superchips forum and ask Ron what a good start (REV/WOT) would be for your 4.7.

He'll post up a recommendation and you can tweak from there. Ron is a good guy.

https://www.superchips.com/forum/

Sil

Old 11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
joe44473
Rookie

do u have to return to stock to upgrade the superchip programmer

Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

nope.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Eaton

Originally Posted by joe44473
do u have to return to stock to upgrade the superchip programmer
When you say, "...return to stock to upgrade the SC programmer...", do you mean when you want to trade the tuner in to SC? If so, then yes; you must return the truck to stock to have the tuner "unlocked", and to reprogram your truck with its stock tune.

If you're just talking about re-tuning your truck, then no, you don't have to return to stock to change your settings.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates