Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 AM
freddy53
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Here's the warranty. http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/Sup...20Warranty.pdf

You can use it on a used vehicle, as long as there isn't 100,000+ miles on the clock. Just keep in mind, if you ever upgrade to the trans tuning options the Cortex warranty is void.

Sil

Awesome thanks for the info sil.
So is the only difference between the flashpaq and cortex the warranty? Because if thats the case then i think ill be going with the flashpaq to save a couple bucks?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by ram man17
Someone...Im tired of reading this guys hissy fit.
If you dont like me or my posts, dont read them, its a free country.

You made your point now take it somewhere else..
I was responding to a specific post. And while I have been pointed, I have remained polite in my constructive criticism, so Im not sure I follow you.

No one wants to read your little internet temper tantrum.
If you could be so kind, I would like you to specifically point out where I had a "hissy fit" and a "temper tantrum".

If you dont like Superchips or their product dont buy it, its a free country.
I also find it interesting you tell me to "take it somewhere else", then you cite "Its a free country", that actually made me laugh.

Take care,

-Chris

Old 07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Ric@rdo

Finally got my Cortex fully loaded

I've chosen 91 tune, MDS off, Rev Limiter 6400rpm, 1st wot 5950, 2nd wot 6050, all TM 8% and Shift Schedule Superchips (for now...)

Can't wait to tried it tomorrow morning while driving to work.

Tomorrow night I'll get all the data to work on a shift schedule on Excel

Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by freddy53
Awesome thanks for the info sil.
So is the only difference between the flashpaq and cortex the warranty? Because if thats the case then i think ill be going with the flashpaq to save a couple bucks?

The only other major difference is this: The Cortex supports a wider range of vehicles than the Flashpaq. There's one Cortex (3950) for all of Dodge cars and trucks (gas and diesel) and Chrysler cars.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 AM
moparmike01
Professional

they also have 1 year warranty

Old 07-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Ric@rdo

Guys,

Finished my schedule, which is a copy from Matt's schedule.

I'll upload it later tonight.

Any comments?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Ric@rdo
Guys,

Finished my schedule, which is a copy from Matt's schedule.

I'll upload it later tonight.

Any comments?
I know nothing about shift schedules, but If Im reading that right, it looks like it will stay in 1st gear until 60 mph at WOT?

Wouldnt that put it way over the redline?

-Chris

Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I've read enough already.

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
The Diablo PredatorU7137 allows you to write your own shift schedule on my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l Hemi, AND their web site is packed full of documentation, instructions, and manuals.

-Chris
Sil,

... I have no experience with the Diablo, and have concurred that I could be just as unhappy with it, as the SC. It is also my opinion that adjusting shift points above 3rd gear has no real benefit anyway.
If you have no experience then how can you possibly comment? Diablo's website says you can do alot more than you actually can. I used to own a Diablo, but I sold it because it lacked lots of features that ONLY Superchips can do. Diablo won't allow partial up/downshifts for all years and they especially don't have Torque Management control. I only had partial upshifts for my '08 with Diablo.
I'm sorry to say your opinion is wrong. I have towed some very heavy loads and the shift points going into 4th and back down to 3rd as well as going into 5th and back down to 4th are extremely helpful. I barely have to give throittle to kick out of 5th to pass someone on the highway. No flooring the pedal and waiting an hour for it to downshift.

The Diablo also does the trans out of the box...SC "implies" you can do the trans out of the box, but in reality, charges extra for this feature.
again, you don't even own one. Diablo posts the same stuff Superchips does with the exception that Superchips does EVERYTHING for ALL years where as Diablo does not. If you want to argue about the transmission feature cost...Diablo costs $379..Superchips cost $300 + $40 for trans features is still cheaper than Diablo.
The last tuning I did was on a Mitibushi, and I was able to adjust/change EVERY parameter on the chip...while Im not out to pick on SC specifically, I do think its sad these are our only commercial tuners available.
All manufacturers are diff. You cannot compare, besides, changing all parameters would get ALOT of guys including yourself in trouble and likely blowing up your engine. There is no need for guys to touch behind the scenes stuff.
And I dont agree the tuning information is proprietary. As stated before, 2 3, 4, degrees, whatever...anybody would eventually find the sweet spot, and besides, I already gave an example on how they could give an outline of a tune without giving out the hard numbers. Tunes called "Performance 91" or "Towing" with no other information, is worthless to me. And I dont even understand a 91 tune...I have never even seen that octane...Diablo offers a 93 tune, which makes MUCH more sense.
Most guys would have no clue and would get lost if they posted up all the information. You sound like most guys. You have absolutely no clue yet your giving your opinion that i wouldn't even wipe my *** with. If people want to take THEIR time effort and money just as Superchips has done to find the sweet spot, then they have every right to. I do not agreee that they should share their information with anyone. FYI...I had a previous car cutom dyno tuned and paid $250 for the tune. The Dyno shop would NOT release the specifics in the tune to me because that is what they make their money on. If they released it to me, I could have sold that tune to anyone who had the same set-up as me and made profit off of their work. if Superchips hadn't gone above and beyond and spent thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to improve on something no other company can do, we wouldn't even be having this ridiculous conversation.
They do this because not everyone is smart. Towing tune means just that, if your towing, you want to load in that tune. Takes all the guess work out of things. pretty simple in my books. i'm positive that is much easier than providing all the fuel trims, spark advancements and shift points for guys to get lost in.
Here in NY, we have 87, 89, 91, 93 and 94octane available. Your much better off having a 91oct tune with 93oct fuel than you are with a 93oct tune if you can only get 91oct which is most of California from what I understand. A useless tune would be Diablo providing a 93oct tune and guys only able to get 91oct. There's lots of complaints on their website about it, go read up.
Thanks for your time Papa, but I think Ill just give them a call. I still dont know what a schedule is, what it does, and how to load it on the programmer, and then into the truck.
uhh ohh, there it is...I knew it.

And Ive said it before, it is what it is, and Im still happy I didnt pay the stealership $80 to change my tire size, but I do have a $300 tool, that is now a paper weight to me.
How is a 3865 a paperweight? It will do everything and more than any other tuner out there. You just have to stop being cheap and pay $40 for trans functions that nobody else offers. You will still be cheaper and have more funtions than Diablo. Can't believe everything you read on Diablo's site either there bud. Trust me. Diablo is only good for customized tunes for highly modified engine's such as superchargers/turbo or head/cam packages.
Why did you even spend $300 on a tuner to begin with? Sounds like you have a lot to complain about and at the same time, you must have not done your homework. Again..
I know nothing about shift schedules, but If Im reading that right, it looks like it will stay in 1st gear until 60 mph at WOT?

Wouldnt that put it way over the redline?
You said it, you know nothing. Stop commenting if you have nothing positive to add. While I do value most members opinions...You already know what i think of yours. You have done nothing but bash a quality tuner with no leg to stand other than your ridiculous opinion which is just that. Ridiculous.
I think you would be completely lost with the shift schedules, but if you feel that you are comfortable with your wealth of opinion, then go right ahead and spend the $40 to be absolutely amazed on what $40 will get you. I will never drive my truck without the altered shift points again. I will sell it before that happens.
Now tuck in the string and stop whining like a little girl.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha burn

Old 07-15-2010, 11:52 PM
RamRod08
Amateur

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Here's the warranty. http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/Sup...20Warranty.pdf

You can use it on a used vehicle, as long as there isn't 100,000+ miles on the clock. Just keep in mind, if you ever upgrade to the trans tuning options the Cortex warranty is void.

Sil
So if I wanted to get the trans tuning options is there any benefit to still get the Cortex instead of the Flashpaq? Since it sounds like the warranty on the Cortex would then be void.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates