Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait till we get some options and I am glad that they are taking care of the 4.7 guys too.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so I got my new Cortex about an hour and a half ago when UPS finaly shows up at like 6:15. So I spend the 45 minutes downloading and registering with the superchips site. Then I go out to my truck and it uploads my stock setting which takes a few more minutes and the just starts flashing that it needs an update at flashpaq.com and to take down the trouble code 05094508AH.

So I went to flashpaq.com and tried to login with the info that I just set up on the superchips site and it is not valid. I would just call them up but since its afterhours anyone on here have any sugestions? Suppose I have to set uip a whole new acount on flashpaq.com?

Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Well I logged back into the superchips update center and it downloaded the info from my truck and I got this awesome message!

The calibration for your vehicle is not currently supported. Information about your vehicle has been sent to our engineers for analysis and you will be notified via e-mail when a calibration is available for your vehicle.- You may unplug your Programmer.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:36 AM
donjohnk
Veteran

OUCH! That's a KICK right in tha squash.... Wonder what they're gonna reply to that.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason D
Well I logged back into the superchips update center and it downloaded the info from my truck and I got this awesome message!

The calibration for your vehicle is not currently supported. Information about your vehicle has been sent to our engineers for analysis and you will be notified via e-mail when a calibration is available for your vehicle.- You may unplug your Programmer.
I would call them first thing this morning. I believe their offices open at 8 am in the east.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

hell there customer service you cant beat just for my troubles they sent out some shirts , hats , stickers and badges wow free stuff lol
but still cant waite for the new updates!!!!!! any time frame????? it seems like it always gets pushed back

Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Sorry for the inconvenience Jason.

Give my people a call at 888-227-2447 and have them set you up with a trouble tickes to get your update going.

PM me your tuners SN once done and I will track your updates progress and push it along were I can for you.

Just an FYI for those of you looking for the new Flashpaq's for sale summitracing.com, and jegs.com are two that come to mind that have them listed and are offer competitive pricing.

Scott

Old 03-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Sorry for the inconvenience Jason.

Give my people a call at 88-227-2447 and have them set you up with a trouble tickes to get your update going.

Scott
I just got off the phone with Superchips tech department and they say that they can only do calibrations for the new vehicles as they come out. So apparently no one with a 2008 with a sport package had yet to buy a Cortex tunner. I was also told that I will be waiting 7-10 buisness days for a reply or an update. So looks like a couple of weeks!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Yes unfortunately Dodge has many files circulating for each year and make they produce and if we have never seen the code before like in your situation we have to build the files to accommodate you.

I honestly doubt that it will be more than one week to get this done for you as we try very hard to take care of this promptly.

Also I am willing to do what I can to help this along for you in any way that I can so feel free to PM me your tuners SN and I will work with the engineer to get you going as fast as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Scott

Old 03-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jason D

We're trying to improve our turnaround time if you encounter this message, but [as mentioned in another post] we develop calibrations as they come from the vehicle manufacturer. If you have a rare vehicle with a rare calibration, we'll need to invent one for your application.

I'm trying to write some instructions to explain the process and I'd like this forum's feedback on the language. Does this outline help inform you and explain the process? I’m also proposing we rename the ‘error code’... Please comment because we look to you to help us improve our customer experience across all our products. Here is the proposed text:

Important Information Before You Tune Your Vehicle
Superchips pre-loaded your new tuner with all the applicable programs for your vehicle from our vast tuning catalog. However, vehicle manufacturers occasionally release new calibrations not detectable to Superchips at the time your tuner is manufactured. In the event your programmer displays ‘Vehicle calibration not on file. Update programmer online’ message; Superchips has developed an online process to provide you the up-to-date Superchips tune for your vehicle. Just follow the steps below.

1. Run a programmer update session using the provided USB cable and Easy Update software available for download at www.superchips.com.

NOTE: If this is your first time using internet update you will have to register your product before updating.

2. If Superchips has your calibration on file, the file will automatically download to your programmer. Once the update session is complete, you will see the message tuner up to date message on your computer. Proceed to step #6 – you’re ready to tune!

3. In the event you received the Calibration for your vehicle is not currently supported. Information about your vehicle has been sent to our engineers. You will be notified via e-mail when the Superchips tune is available for your vehicle message on your computer, you have a unique engine and/or transmission file we have not received from the manufacturer or another customer.

4. Your specific vehicle calibration is now in our engineering queue and will be worked on as soon as possible. Most updates are finished in less than two business days.

NOTE: You may contact Superchips Customer Care @ 888.227.2447 to get an estimated completion time.

5. When you receive the confirmation e-mail that your file is available, run another internet update to automatically download the file to your programmer.

6. You are now ready to use your programmer on your vehicle.

So, does this help?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates