Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
donjohnk
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh, UPS says it will be here tommarrowwwwwwww... o BOY o BOY o BOY..... Im not gonna sleep well tonight!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one is for Tom, Scott and the other guys from Superchips. I was wondering if you had any update as to a timeframe that we can expect to see the TM options? It has been a while since we have heard anything about this option. I also noticed that Diablo has part throttle shift control and was wondering when we might see that option released as I know that is something that has been talked about being released for us SC users.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
This one is for Tom, Scott and the other guys from Superchips. I was wondering if you had any update as to a timeframe that we can expect to see the TM options? It has been a while since we have heard anything about this option. I also noticed that Diablo has part throttle shift control and was wondering when we might see that option released as I know that is something that has been talked about being released for us SC users.
I don't have firm timing for the features in the queue. The R&D team is working on 100-day timelines right now. I can tell you that the transmission work is behind two significant projects: (1) Jeep - launching next week [...tell your Jeep friends!] and (2) 4.7L WOT shifting. Once Jeep hits the streets and gets through the brief 'needs update' phase [you probably remember those days] and once we resolve the 4.7L WOT shift issues, we're scheduled to tackle transmission et al. for the Hemi Ram.

We have development code working in our lab, but we need to port it into Hemi/545RFE and work out the details before beta testing. When we have the code ready, I'll solicit you guys for beta testing.

Stay tuned.

Tom Bennett
Superchips, Inc.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:58 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Here's a new one (problem).

When I first got a 3815 last year, I programmed to the 87 tune. It threw threw the MIL every day or two. I got rid of the 3815.

Just purchased another 3815 (used) a few weeks ago. Program Mileage XS, no problems.
Switch to 91, truck falls flat on its face, DOES NOT DOWNSHIFT after getting into 3rd. Shifts down if I engage Tow/Haul. Once up to speed, hunts for gear. Gets stuck between gears under heavy throttle and lets engine free rev, and then when it finds where it's going...hold on!! (very not fun on the highway).

Return to stock, update, reprogram to 91, success!
Switch tune to 87, again no downshifts and related problems.

Return to stock, tune to 87 (no update this time), success, then MIL (I think the same code as when I had the first one).

What gives? I can't switch tunes without returning to stock, and I can't run the 87 tune without an MIL.

I understand this is one guys problems, so I'm going to try and take the easy way out here: What's the difference between trans settings (excluding 1-2 2-3 WOT, and rev limit) between 87 and XS? If they are the same, then I won't even bother trying to figure out this MIL issue and just run XS.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

got my tuner today, kebo u got lucky getting new tuner, mine is what they claimed to be 3815, didnt luck out and get newer version... Oh well, time to play....

Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by xfeejayx

When I first got a 3815 last year, I programmed to the 87 tune. It threw threw the MIL every day or two. I got rid of the 3815.

Just purchased another 3815 (used) a few weeks ago. Program Mileage XS, no problems.
Switch to 91, truck falls flat on its face, DOES NOT DOWNSHIFT after getting into 3rd. Shifts down if I engage Tow/Haul. Once up to speed, hunts for gear. Gets stuck between gears under heavy throttle and lets engine free rev, and then when it finds where it's going...hold on!! (very not fun on the highway).

Return to stock, tune to 87 (no update this time), success, then MIL (I think the same code as when I had the first one).

What gives? I can't switch tunes without returning to stock, and I can't run the 87 tune without an MIL.

I understand this is one guys problems, so I'm going to try and take the easy way out here: What's the difference between trans settings (excluding 1-2 2-3 WOT, and rev limit) between 87 and XS? If they are the same, then I won't even bother trying to figure out this MIL issue and just run XS.
i feel ya bro everytime i change settings it goes blank and have to re-program after up-loadind stock tune a real pain in the *** but im runnin tow tune because i dint feel a difference in the performance tune over stock

Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

WELP, all I cant say is HOLY ****. besides my tire setting being off, my Hemi shifts wicked and smokes the tires... 3.55 gears dosent has the *** to spin em on dry pavement... Oh, and my MPG's went up 2. was getting 12.2 now im getting 14.7 and thats after messing around with top speed and 40mph take off. Im very surprised on how different it takes off when already doing 45-50. Driving on the highway at 70mph's im only doing 1500rpm's, before I would be close to 2000pms... Can't wait to try out the 91octane tune... 1/4 tank to go then its play time. Thanx for all the help and info guys... It's greatly appreciated.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by xfeejayx

PM me your contact info (name and daytime phone) and I'll have a tech call you next week. We'll have you take some traces with the Flashpaq and then diagnose the issue from afar.

Tom Bennett
Superchips, Inc.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 PM
chefred112
All Star

..not sure if this has been addressed Tom...but can you throw in idle adjustment (50 rpm adjustments)...I had to pull my flashpaq off for the ds just to be able to have my truck idle (cammed)...awhile back I had the 750 rpm idle (Perfect) on my sc but i mistakenly updated it and lost the higher idle... I wanna go back to sc..also, I notice that the sc picks up less codes then the ds...last time I threw a mil..the sc picked up a p0138 only...the ds picked up the p0138, an ac code and a tranny p0868 code..

thanks...fred

Old 03-28-2009, 07:41 PM
eds2003ram
Professional

Hey guys , I've had the superchip for about 3 years set to 91 oct tune. I just did a NGK v-power plugs and shorty wire swap and was wondering if i would have to do any reseting of the SC or the ecu since I changed my spark plug wires to the shorties? I have the 03 5.7 . Also what affect does running 93 octanes on a 91 oct tune have? Not to many gas stations sell 91 octane in Long island , mostly 93.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates