Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
i was playing with tunes today "thank you hammer for the help" and i noticed nothing with the 91 tune except the shift points . i switched to the tow tune and i deffinatly felt a difference. better thottle response and a 0-60 time 0f 7.3 sec.
Did you do a 0-60 run with the performance tune to compare it to the run you did with the tow tune? I think that would be the best way to compare the two tunes. Then you can compare what you are getting out of both settings in terms of real numbers.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
tomo28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those 0-60 times are impressive , , what sort of economy do you get on the truck with the chip upgrade ??

Tomo
WWW.What-MPG.com

Old 03-09-2009, 06:11 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Did you do a 0-60 run with the performance tune to compare it to the run you did with the tow tune? I think that would be the best way to compare the two tunes. Then you can compare what you are getting out of both settings in terms of real numbers.
teach i did the 0-60 tow got 7.3 i set her up like this 1-2 at 5930 2-3 at 5850
now the performance tune i just put in and tested minites ago... 0-60 6.83
like i said the tow tune seems to get more low end bite the performance tune gets more hi end. i dont know about you but i like to tap the throttle and she goes i get that with the tow tune not the performance, now i do get it with the performance tune but not when your tooling around only when you are in a speed zone where you can go fast like the highway.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by tomo28
those 0-60 times are impressive , , what sort of economy do you get on the truck with the chip upgrade ??

Tomo
WWW.What-MPG.com
and to you my good sir i bought a truck to have fun in not to worry about mpg's besides i dont drive my truck that much company vehical and all. but really thow i get 11-12 mpg's city and about 14 hwy

Old 03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
teach i did the 0-60 tow got 7.3 i set her up like this 1-2 at 5930 2-3 at 5850
now the performance tune i just put in and tested minites ago... 0-60 6.83
like i said the tow tune seems to get more low end bite the performance tune gets more hi end. i dont know about you but i like to tap the throttle and she goes i get that with the tow tune not the performance, now i do get it with the performance tune but not when your tooling around only when you are in a speed zone where you can go fast like the highway.
I have mine set up at 6150 for both the 1-2 shift as well as the 2-3 shift. I do like the tap the throttle and have the truck move too. I have never really had any problem at the low end with the performance tune but maybe I will try out the tow tune one time just to see what it is like for driving around town. That is the only option I haven't used yet bc I don't really ever tow anything.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Tom, I was wondering if you have an eta for any of the new features yet? Like the tb relearn and the tranny options that I know we all can't wait to get our hands on. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass along to us. There are a lot of guys on here who can't wait to try some of these new features out

Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Amateur

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Tom, I was wondering if you have an eta for any of the new features yet? Like the tb relearn and the tranny options that I know we all can't wait to get our hands on. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass along to us. There are a lot of guys on here who can't wait to try some of these new features out
weird....on this thread he mentions that it would be released last week.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ml#post1570136

I wonder about this too.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I run the performance tune, but Marty at KRC has often recommended I try the tow tune, he likes it for a heavy (QC 4x4). I feel my 4.56 gears let me have the same feel with the performance tune that the stretched out shift points of the tow tune gives. I've only used the tow tune after hooking up to a heavy load, so I have no idea what it would feel like with no trailer and an empty bed. May have to try it myself...

Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by stltech
weird....on this thread he mentions that it would be released last week.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ml#post1570136

I wonder about this too.
Off_Road_Teacher and stltech,

I have an e-mail into Scott checking for an update. Maybe Tom or Scott will post here soon. Thanks for your patience.

Sil

Old 03-09-2009, 11:22 PM
chefred112
All Star
Talking

....im as anxious (and patient) as alot of the other guys awaiting some of the more advanced options. Having an extensive mod list I really didn't want to have to 'graduate' to a tuner that allows customizing options (only because I love my sc...and still have it despite having the other tuner as well)...I am happy to see that more performance orientated options are coming....

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates