Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
silverhemidog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple things I want to touch on. These adjustments tuned to 4.56 gears is a blessing. I realize now 4.56's without shift point adjustments is a incomplete mod. You never totally get the full force of the gears unless you can keep it in the powerband and any speed. Before it seemed i was blasting through the shifts in a hurry arriving in 5th before you know it. The force of the gear is now much more noticable.

Regarding downshifts, throttle lag and bog. The first graph shows the stock 2nd upshift / 3rd dnshift comparison. Second graph shows my shift schedule 2nd upshift / 3rd dnshift comparison. As you can clearly see the stock 3rd dnshift is way off base to being somewhat linear with the 2nd upshift. That gap there represents lag in the throttle. In the second graph shows how i tuned the lag out and make the upshift vs dnshift much more linear and that's just one shift point. The others will follow suit. This my friends will bring out the animal. Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails Superchips Questions and Updates-stock.jpg   Superchips Questions and Updates-user.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 PM
pousaan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How could I go about being a beta tester???

Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Ric@rdo

Originally Posted by silverhemidog
A couple things I want to touch on. These adjustments tuned to 4.56 gears is a blessing. I realize now 4.56's without shift point adjustments is a incomplete mod. You never totally get the full force of the gears unless you can keep it in the powerband and any speed. Before it seemed i was blasting through the shifts in a hurry arriving in 5th before you know it. The force of the gear is now much more noticable.

Regarding downshifts, throttle lag and bog. The first graph shows the stock 2nd upshift / 3rd dnshift comparison. Second graph shows my shift schedule 2nd upshift / 3rd dnshift comparison. As you can clearly see the stock 3rd dnshift is way off base to being somewhat linear with the 2nd upshift. That gap there represents lag in the throttle. In the second graph shows how i tuned the lag out and make the upshift vs dnshift much more linear and that's just one shift point. The others will follow suit. This my friends will bring out the animal. Enjoy
It's very good to have beta testers like yourself. Keep up the good work

Old 01-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Most of the time interest is all it takes to become a beta tester for Superchips.

That being said, some of the options we conceive and beta test require us to narrow down the choice of candidate by what experience those users have with the product and tuning in general so that we get the most in-depth feedback we can which in turn helps us fine tune those new options for maximum performance and safety.

Scott

Originally Posted by pousaan
How could I go about being a beta tester???

Old 01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
pousaan
Professional

Well I am the perfect candidate!!!! I was born READY!!!! I am new to this forum but could def contribute.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 PM
pousaan
Professional

Well I am the perfect candidate!!!! I was born READY!!!! I am new to this forum but could def contribute.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:43 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

I'll give a bit of feedback on my testing today.

Most of my testing has been with 91 Perf and running 93 octane and I must admit this combo give the best seat-of-the-pants feel. With winter fuel, the cold snap (0 to 25degF) and my 2500 moose, my mileage has averaged just about 11.5MPG - that's about 1MPG less than normal.

Today I played with the other three tunes...

Mileage XS; shift points are crisp (I have TM set at 10%) but after 91 Perf, the get-up-and-go, got-up-and-went. That's to be expected though and, I didn't run it enough to estimate MPG.

Tow Tune: shifts are crisp and power is there when needed. Still not as good as 91 Perf. and, I didn't run it enough to estimate MPG.

87 Octane; shifts are crisp and power can be acquired with additional throttle. I didn't run it enough to estimate MPG however, I'm going to leave it at 87 Oct until I can get a tank-and-a-half of 87 fuel run through it to see what MPG I get.

More to come...

Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
dunerider650
Veteran

Any time notice on when this will be released??

Old 01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i can say that a s/c tune def helped my performance out i have only had my truck tuned for 2 days and ill tell ya i feel a difference its not holy $hit raw horsepower like some people expect....but its tuned its def a great product my shift points were a lil hard but i adjusted them and they feel good right now i will play with it more im sure...one question i know alot of people have what they call hemifart between 1st and 2nd i get like a suction or odd sound is that something i should be worried about i have powerwire intake and 40 series....but i agree with mchuster i gotta play with a few things and get it dialed in right.....

Old 01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

i would have bought one months ago if id known i could have been a beta. jay i know all about the hemifart. i dont like trying to punch it from a dead stop. 2nd gear is embarassing

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates