Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I've decided I want one. What is the difference between the Cortex and Flashpaq?? Which one should I go with? I want to get rid of the rev. limiter and MDS.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by EJM05
OK I've decided I want one. What is the difference between the Cortex and Flashpaq?? Which one should I go with? I want to get rid of the rev. limiter and MDS.
Either one (3865 or 3950) will adjust the rev limiter and disable MDS.

Sil

Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
If you're only running the SC basic settings... you haven't seen anything yet. Once you get into setting your own shift points it will make the SC settings feel like stock! lol
What George said!

When you start dialing in your shifts, it's incredible.

Sil

Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Most definitely! When you come across a used Superchips product being sold make sure to ask the seller for the tuner serial number. If the seller refuses then pass on the deal.

If the serial number is provided, give our customer service a call at 888-227-2447 and explain to the tech that you are looking to buy a used programmer and want to verify through the serial number that it is not listed as stolen property. The tech will run through our database and let you know if it's safe or not.

Another thing when considering a used programmer is to make sure that the seller has returned the original host vehicle back to stock with the product before selling it to you. That simple reminder can save you future headaches.

Scott

Originally Posted by CAPTJOE
With all this conversation of stolen programmers is there a number on the programmer ie: a serial number to contact SC and check if stolen?? Is there any safe way to buy a used one?

Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Folks,

We have two new beta testers online. David (HemiByrd) and Bill (Daytona1445).

We're working to finish up the rest.

Thanks,

Sil

Old 01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Ric@rdo

Can't wait to put my hands on a Cortex

Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
silverhemidog

Hello all, Haven't been a big poster on DF but have been a member for quite some time. I thought I would share my excitement about receiving the beta tune yesterday.
Making good use of a day off today I had time to graph and load up my downshifts (did upshifts last night). I won't have it all nailed down with the first try but i have a solid start. Let me just start out by saying after testing today I'm convinced the key to having all around performance is in this trans shift schedule, downshifts to be exact. Upshifts are great and all but having the downshifts "right there" when they are needed is everything. Stock schedule pretty much suxks, having the downshifts ready means there is no more bog at any speed, there is no lag in the pedal with instant seemless downshifts. The truck is an absolute beast and the power is all there at your disposal without even trying. It's a total blast to drive and it is a complete 180* from what you are used to. If you like a truck to shift like your buddys manual transmission it's totally do-able. If you want it to shift like grandma's Olds that's do-able too. I perfer the manual feel. No kidding, it's like driving a completely different truck, a truck that is just begging to be driven. You're gonna love it!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another happy beta tester. Just goes to show how much everyone is going to like these features when they are released.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just installed a new shift schedule. Truck is running awesome. No more hemi lag at wot!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
just installed a new shift schedule. Truck is running awesome. No more hemi lag at wot!!!
Very cool!! Even more importantly, responsive and quick downshifts. Glad you're liking the program Nick.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates