Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool if you want to talk about your new product but show some respect by starting your own thread so we can keep things on topic here.

Scott

Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
That's cool if you want to talk about your new product but show some respect by starting your own thread so we can keep things on topic here.

Scott
he was comparing the sc to dsp. seemed pretty on topic to me...

Old 06-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Nipplopolus
Banned

Dont you just love how you pay so much money to advertise and sponsor this site and yet the powers that be just let their members walk all over you?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:11 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

As promised, Tom e-mailed me an update today. He asked me to share it with the forum. I really appreciate the fact he's taking the time to update us all.

We’re making good progress on the Hemi options. I just left a meeting where we were outlining the user interface. On part-throttle and WOT shifts, we’re developing a user-adjustable menu so the users can manipulate each RPM range for each shift (1-2, 2-3, etc). It will be very powerful stuff that should set the standard for advanced transmission tuning.

As always it’s a late to our timelines. We had field issues for (1) VIN lockouts, (2) Jeep gear calibrations, (3) JTEC ECUs, (4) 4.7L Grand Cherokee tuning, (5) TPMS, etc. The team is now focusing on improving programming reliability, 2008 MY 4.7L, 2009 5.7L, Hemi options (trans options, idle adjust), and some new DAQ capabilities. No ETA on the Hemi options but they are further along than last time.

Tom Bennett
Superchips, Inc.

Sil

Old 06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
joe44473
Rookie

Im sure the answer to my question is on here somewhere but its so full of info there are 62 pages so i was wonderin if someone could tell me what is the best programmer for my 03 Dodge ram 1500 5.7L Hemi with dual flowmaster exhaust and k&n cold air intake. Plz help thanks all!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:04 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by joe44473
Im sure the answer to my question is on here somewhere but its so full of info there are 62 pages so i was wonderin if someone could tell me what is the best programmer for my 03 Dodge ram 1500 5.7L Hemi with dual flowmaster exhaust and k&n cold air intake. Plz help thanks all!
The 3865 supports the 2003 Hemi.

http://www.superchips.com/products.p...e+Gas+Flashpaq

Sil

Old 06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Nipplopolus
Dont you just love how you pay so much money to advertise and sponsor this site and yet the powers that be just let their members walk all over you?
the powers that be understand that this is an open forum and support free speech, even when it's useless comments that don't help anybody.
Scott has asked us to start another thread, i'm sure the members will be nice and comply.

Originally Posted by joe44473
Joe, please do a search in the 3rd gen section. you will find at least 10 threads asking this question.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips

Scott
Wasn't trying to take it off topic, just putting a little comparison out there between SC and another product. I did start another thread about this yesterday bc I didn't want to see the thread head in a direction of comparing tuners. This a good thread with lots of useful info and I would hate to see it go off topic.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Ok so it sounds like a few more of the updating bugs have been worked out so i went ahead and updated my cortex today. Well after updating my tuner and then updating the tune in my truck I started going through some of the functions it has.

When I went into the tire sizing function it showed 31.5" tires. My truck came with 33's and I curently have 33's on the truck.

My question is should I have changed it to 33" tire size from the 31.5" that it showed?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Question about updating my tuner. I have the 3815 and am currently running the 91 tune. If I want to update the tuner do I need to set my truck back to stock BEFORE I update? In other words, will my tuner lose my stock tune if I update it?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates