Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Dodgeman2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ki4ppg
Brand new - still in the box Superchips Flashpaq 3865 programmer. Fits Dodge & Jeep. Follow this link to check your vehicle: https://www.superchips.com/#pn=home&...ductsbyvehicle
Paid $350.00, want $200.00. Comes with programmer, USB cable for free updates from their website and owners manual.

is this what i need for 2007 qc 4x4 hemi and if i buy from him can i add the trans tune option from sc ??
Is this still available? Is it unlocked?

Old 09-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Atwiss
Professional

i heard a rumor that the 4.7 programmer will work for the 3.7 is this true

Old 09-12-2010, 01:24 PM
ArkHemi
Professional
Default About to give this a try!!!

Ok. I've had the trans. option since it came out but have never gotten around to trying it. That's going to change today. I have read through hundreds of posts today alone on here and over at DT forums. I still don't have a clear understanding but I know that the first thing I need to do is plug in my programmer and get all my stock settings so that I can put them in the spreadsheet (at least that's what I think I need to do).

My question is this. I already run the 91 tune. Can I just go in for now and use the superchips shift schedule on all the shifts but change the TM only and save that just to see how it feels and then after I mess with the spreadsheet can I just go back in and start plugging in the different shift points?

Thanks,
William

Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
My question is this. I already run the 91 tune. Can I just go in for now and use the superchips shift schedule on all the shifts but change the TM only and save that just to see how it feels and then after I mess with the spreadsheet can I just go back in and start plugging in the different shift points?

Thanks,
William
You can. Just advance tune, then choose options and go into the torque management option for now.

Sil

Old 09-12-2010, 11:16 PM
ArkHemi
Professional

Thanks for the reply Sil.

Well, I retuned my truck with the 91 tune and I set the TM to 10%(for now) all the way across the board. All I can say is WOW. Definately a "seat of the pants" difference. Truck seems much more responsive.

I also finally found my way into the shift settings and just copied down all the numbers. Now I just have to figure out excell but by looking at others sheets I can see how it definately helps you figure this stuff out a lot easier and quicker by using the spreadsheets.

Thanks again for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions to come. Only got to test it out for a few minutes so far. We'll see how she drives for the next day or two.

One thing to add. Maybe this will help someone else out. I have had the upgrade since it came out but was just scared to mess with it because I didn't (still don't really) know what I was doing. I thought it was all just one big package. When I finally realized that the TM and the shift schedules are really two completely different things and independant of each other my mind was a lot more at ease to at least go in and experiment with the TM and start learning about the shift schedules on paper by using the spreadsheets. Maybe if someone else is in the same situation it will help to see that in writing or maybe I'm just a retard!

Old 09-13-2010, 03:42 AM
ki4ppg

Originally Posted by Dodgeman2000
Is this still available? Is it unlocked?

i was asking if it was what i needed .....and it was

Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM
pitbull24
Veteran

If you adjust shift points while advance tuning your truck, and then return to stock are the stock shifts restored or not?

Old 09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Returning to stock returns the PCM and TCM to factory settings. That being said, if you have Advanced trans settings set in the programmer they will be retained for future use by you or the next user unless you delete them in the programmer options prior to removing it from the data port.

Scott

Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
Thanks for the reply Sil.

Well, I retuned my truck with the 91 tune and I set the TM to 10%(for now) all the way across the board. All I can say is WOW. Definately a "seat of the pants" difference. Truck seems much more responsive.

I also finally found my way into the shift settings and just copied down all the numbers. Now I just have to figure out excell but by looking at others sheets I can see how it definately helps you figure this stuff out a lot easier and quicker by using the spreadsheets.

Thanks again for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions to come. Only got to test it out for a few minutes so far. We'll see how she drives for the next day or two.

One thing to add. Maybe this will help someone else out. I have had the upgrade since it came out but was just scared to mess with it because I didn't (still don't really) know what I was doing. I thought it was all just one big package. When I finally realized that the TM and the shift schedules are really two completely different things and independant of each other my mind was a lot more at ease to at least go in and experiment with the TM and start learning about the shift schedules on paper by using the spreadsheets. Maybe if someone else is in the same situation it will help to see that in writing or maybe I'm just a retard!
My pleasure and to be truthful, initially the program can be daunting. It's great to see you dive into it. There is a 2006 shift schedule on the server. It leaves second prime at stock.

If you think lowering the TM is great, wait until you do both together.

Sil

Old 09-15-2010, 01:32 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Q#1- I put a 2004 Motor and trans in my 2001 Dakota and used a 2003 wiring harness I have streight pipes"NO CATS"with stock exhaust manifolds...Can I still plug in a 5.7 power commander under the dash of the Dakota?
Q#2- My truck stops going any faster at around-110 MPH.The engine shuts down. Can I change that with a chip or power commander?
Q#3- Which power commander would be the best to buy.There are many out there and they all say they do the same thing.But the price differance between them are in the hundreds.Is it one of those"You get what you pay for" things ?
I plan on going with a small shot of Nitrous "Every once in a while"...what will this effect..
Thanks....."George".AKA.HemiDak-Quad...

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates