Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:29 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yeah_its_a_hemi
I have a 2008 Ram Hemi. Right now I have just a CAI but I will be getting a cat back magnaflow exhaust system for it. I am looking at getting a SC tuner but I cant decide on which one to get. The Flashpaq or the Cortex. Could I get some feed back on these two. I also do a far share of towing ie dirt bikes,atv's and lots of camping stuff.

Thanks.

The Flashpaq 3865 and Cortex 3950 at the time being are essentially the same tuner but look different. You'll see from the pic below they are designed a little different. Also, if you buy the Cortex brand new, you get a 2 year powertrain warranty that the Flashpaq doesnt provide. I think Superchips had intended the Cortex to have an expandable vehicle option the Flashpaq doesnt support but I'm not sure if they are still considering deploying this or if it was just a rumor.

Either option you pick, you'll be happy with.

If you'd like the Cortex, I've got one for sale currently. Just click the link underneath in my sig.

Name:  IMG_3734.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  142.2 KB

Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 PM
HemiNow?
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this hasnt been asked already(lotta pages to read) But are you guys gonna add something to turn off the tire pressure sensor light? Sucks having that on for us with aftermaket wheels.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 AM
doneking
Amateur

Originally Posted by HemiNow?
Hope this hasnt been asked already(lotta pages to read) But are you guys gonna add something to turn off the tire pressure sensor light? Sucks having that on for us with aftermaket wheels.
Have you updated your tuner lately? The reason I ask is that in the additional programming on my 3865 it has the feature for the tire pressure adjusting. My truck doesn't have that option on it so the tuner just gives me the message that the choice isn't available for me to adjust it.

I don't know exactly what that feature does (because I can't use it), but you might want to update your tuner if you haven't in a while and check out your additional features. I think it is on there already, but I may be wrong. Can someone comment more on that.

DK

Old 03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I'm not sure if this is normal, but I've noticed my transmission is shifting a little harder/rougher since I have installed the superchips tuner. At full throttle you can definitely feel the transmission slamming between gears; I don't know if that is okay or not. But sometimes just when driving around town or at medium throttle the transmission kinda clunks between gears, not sure if I'm crazy about this.

I have also noticed that since installing the programmer, sometimes when I go to start my truck, the rpms will rev up and down between 500-700 for about 5 seconds; it never used to do this. Are these normal things that other people have noticed with their 3865 flashpaqs?

Old 03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
The Cank
Professional

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
I'm not sure if this is normal, but I've noticed my transmission is shifting a little harder/rougher since I have installed the superchips tuner. At full throttle you can definitely feel the transmission slamming between gears; I don't know if that is okay or not. But sometimes just when driving around town or at medium throttle the transmission kinda clunks between gears, not sure if I'm crazy about this.

I have also noticed that since installing the programmer, sometimes when I go to start my truck, the rpms will rev up and down between 500-700 for about 5 seconds; it never used to do this. Are these normal things that other people have noticed with their 3865 flashpaqs?
Firmer shift points thanks to your new tuner ! perfectly normal. WAY better acceleration !

Old 03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by HemiNow?
Have you updated your tuner lately? The reason I ask is that in the additional programming on my 3865 it has the feature for the tire pressure adjusting. My truck doesn't have that option on it so the tuner just gives me the message that the choice isn't available for me to adjust it.

I don't know exactly what that feature does (because I can't use it), but you might want to update your tuner if you haven't in a while and check out your additional features. I think it is on there already, but I may be wrong. Can someone comment more on that.
If I understand the TPMS option correctly, it is for off-road use ONLY and illegal when disabled on the highway. It's function is to turn off TPMS for those folks who swap in off-road tires when off-roading. I don't know the cost - cause I do not have TPMS - but you may have to purchase the sensors for your new wheels. I don't think inspection will pass with TPMS disabled.

TPMS is just another way Big Brother is watching out for you. You see, we don't know enough to keep our tires inflated correctly so they will legislate it for us.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:55 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Originally Posted by The Cank
Firmer shift points thanks to your new tuner ! perfectly normal. WAY better acceleration !
Was there an option for firmer shift points? Or is that just the result of adding the tuner? It let me raise the rev limiter and adjust shift points on 1-2 and 2-3; is this what is making the shifts firmer?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:46 AM
The Cank
Professional

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Was there an option for firmer shift points? Or is that just the result of adding the tuner? It let me raise the rev limiter and adjust shift points on 1-2 and 2-3; is this what is making the shifts firmer?
Yep thats exactly it. It does it automatically.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain

I had issues when I originally bought the cortex. Had 3 different ones and every one of them gave me a "communications error" Has anybody else had this issue and will I have the same issue with the 3865? The 3815 works fine but I don't want to get jerked around like I did before by the "customer service" when they were apparently troubleshooting the cortex

Old 03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
boggerdak
Default Is the 3815 as good as the 3865?

Hi, everyone. I have a chance to buy a 3815 from a friend of a friend that had it on his 06'. Is this one comparable to the 3865? Anything I should look for if I buy it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks---Pete

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates