Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
Hey guys, I got a SC. Cool huh? I was wondering if anyone if running a bigger throttle body with the superchips and if it works? Because on the website they say it isn't recommended.
I am running a bored out tb with my sc and it works great. They seem to compliment each other very nicely.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I was doing some reading up on the DSP to see what kind of options they are offering their users and when I saw what they are offering in terms of part throttle shift control it made me say wow. It looks like they can control the part throttle shifts based on the percentage of throttle being used. For instance you can have it shift at 2000 when you are at 20% throttle and 3500 when you are at 50% throttle. And it is totally user adjustable so the driver can set it to meet their driving style. Are we ever going to get something like this bc I think everyone would love to have the ability to adjust the way their truck shifts to meet their driving style.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Alpheus
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason D
Just curious but what are we supposed to get for aditional options with this update? I just got my Cortex and havent read all 20 something pages here.
Dont get lazy. Get to reading if you want to know...

Old 04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
geohotrod
Default Transmision Up/Downshift at Highway Speed

Need some advice. I have looked through alot of threads but haven't really seen my specific issue. I have a 2004 4x4 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi w/5speed auto trans., 83,000 miles. I have the 3.55 gears and running 315 tires. Yeah, I know sucky gears for these taller tires ! The problem I have is when towing a fairly light trailer, 2500lbs aprox., at highway speed, 70mph, the trans seems to "hunt" for the right gear to be in. It constsantly downshifts and upshifts. Now with the tires size, my speedo is reading 63mph when I'm traveling 70mph. I have been considering buying a Super Chips Flashpaq. From what I've read this will help the trans at lower (acceleration) speeds, but maybe not help my issue. I dunno, maybe when the speedo is corrected it will help ?? In all honesty, even with the taller tires, acceleration is still pretty good. It doesn't seem to matter much if I use the tow/haul mode, still does it, just turns more RPM.

Attached Thumbnails Superchips Questions and Updates-2004-dodge-ram.jpg  
Old 04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by geohotrod
Need some advice. I have looked through alot of threads but haven't really seen my specific issue. I have a 2004 4x4 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi w/5speed auto trans., 83,000 miles. I have the 3.55 gears and running 315 tires. Yeah, I know sucky gears for these taller tires ! The problem I have is when towing a fairly light trailer, 2500lbs aprox., at highway speed, 70mph, the trans seems to "hunt" for the right gear to be in. It constsantly downshifts and upshifts. Now with the tires size, my speedo is reading 63mph when I'm traveling 70mph. I have been considering buying a Super Chips Flashpaq. From what I've read this will help the trans at lower (acceleration) speeds, but maybe not help my issue. I dunno, maybe when the speedo is corrected it will help ?? In all honesty, even with the taller tires, acceleration is still pretty good. It doesn't seem to matter much if I use the tow/haul mode, still does it, just turns more RPM.
SC should definitely help. you'll be able to fix all of your problems.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:13 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Yep, I am running 3.55 also with 33's... The Tow/Haul tune is pretty snappy vs the rest... I was impressed with how the tune worked towing a 26' landscape trailer... So far worth every penny..

Old 04-17-2009, 06:05 PM
hatguy

Anyone have 0-60 times before and after the superchip tune? Or even just the acceleration difference between the stock/performance settings? I have a 2005 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and am looking at the Flashpaq 3865. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2009, 05:52 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by hatguy
Anyone have 0-60 times before and after the superchip tune? Or even just the acceleration difference between the stock/performance settings? I have a 2005 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and am looking at the Flashpaq 3865. Thanks!
what tune performance , tow , xs, or 87 ??? they all have different 0-60 time .

Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by hatguy
On the 91 tune with my other mods I run 0-60 consistantly in the 5.7's. I don't really know what it runs without the tune but I do know that when I take the tune off for whatever reason the acceleration drops off a good bit.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:10 PM
hatguy

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
what tune performance , tow , xs, or 87 ??? they all have different 0-60 time .
The performance tune on 91 octane vs stock tune on 89 octane was what I was thinking about. Basically, my truck is stock running 89 octane and wondering what accel difference I can expect. When I look up the HP difference for my truck it says it's only 17 HP, but I'm not sure this is really a good measure given the different shift points, octane change, etc. So, instead of looking at HP I'm trying to weigh whether it's worth the $$ based on the 0-60 effect of buying the tuner. Hope that makes sense!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates