Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost1
Hey guys. I know this is a 3rd Gen Ram sticky, however...

I have an '07 Dakota with the 4.7L Magnum. I am running the 87 tune. Not sure why, but my truck sounded like a diesel today twice and both times going up a hill shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I seriously thought there was a Cummins behind me, but no...it was me. It was clattering CTD.

I have the 87 Octane tune, with the following mods...

REV limiter 0190 from stock
WOT 1-2: 5910 rpm
WOT 2-3: 5610 rpm
Speed Limiter: 120 mph

This should be a good tune. The manual says if you here pinging, revert back to stock or add higher octane fuel. If that is the case than why the F@*! is there an 87 tune?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (especially from the SC guys).

Thanks!
Try running 89 octane on that 87 tune

Old 07-05-2009, 11:42 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

Will do!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:46 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

You know...I am willing to bet that the 3815 will NOT support this new stuff. They came out with that other "very similar" Superchips product a few months ago. They are in the business to make $ obviously like any other business is...I bet they will want us to purchase that to be able to use this new transmission tune. I read a few posts ago that someone mentioned the new transmission tune would not "fit" (I'm guessing software wise) on the 3815...so I think that that is the basic answer...the new stuff will probably be totally awesome, and yet we will have to buy another programmer to use it...just makes sense doesn't it? By the way...Sil, who doesn't work for Superchips...is like the most noble advocate of Superchips...he seems like a leftwinger who is all about saving the whales or something...he is totally supportive of Superchips, yet, can't even say yes or no to whether the new stuff will be able to be uploaded to the 3815...and that's odd to me. He acts like he knows so much, yet, CAN'T tell us if the 3815 supports it, and it is because the answer will most likely be no.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Bertens
Professional

He does the beta testing for superchips. He knows so much because he is constantly talking with them. He also has the 3865 version so he wouldn't know if the new options will work on the older 3815.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by tamuccmike
By the way...Sil, who doesn't work for Superchips...is like the most noble advocate of Superchips...he seems like a leftwinger who is all about saving the whales or something...he is totally supportive of Superchips, yet, can't even say yes or no to whether the new stuff will be able to be uploaded to the 3815...and that's odd to me. He acts like he knows so much, yet, CAN'T tell us if the 3815 supports it, and it is because the answer will most likely be no.
LOL! You're too much.

I'm supportive of Superchips because, I know how they develop the product and it happens to be a superior product. Their QC is the best in the business. That's important because, it protects the customers valuable investment. I've made a few friends there over the years. They are good people.

As you stated, I don't work for Superchips. I do have their ear and I do beta test for them. I help them with the forums. I'm a truck enthusiast like yourself and I want the product to evolve and improve. I'm not in a position to comment on certain aspects of their business. If I did, do you believe they would talk to me again or ask for my opinion? That would be a big no. I'd rather continue helping and making this a better product for all of us.

Scott or any other employee of Superchips will make any official announcements. That's just the way it works.

Sil

Old 07-06-2009, 11:11 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

What's the deal with the Flashpaq Forum, seems to be down everytime I try to log in?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Guy's,

Just letting you know that I don't even have a confirmation of all of the programmers that will take on the trans options at this time so hang in there on this.

It serves no positive purpose to get all worked up over here say without a final word given.

I am continually asking for updates to this and many other questions I have on the options. Once I get some info that I can guarantee is set in stone and won't be changed I will be sure to post it online to help keep you all updated.

Scott

Old 07-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor
Default An Update from Superchips HQ

Greetings to the Dodge Ram gang,

It has been a while since I last posted the status of Superchips projects for Dodge products. Although I haven’t been active on the boards, I have been monitoring them from afar since my last communication with you. There are a few things to report so I’ll get down to business regarding Dodge products.

Regarding the transmission tuning options, we have the Dodge engineering team working a significant portion of their time on this project. As Sil said, we’re hoping it’s a ‘game changer’ regarding transmission tuning. While the competition does some rudimentary transmission adjustments, we’re developing a program allowing the user to manually set the shift points for each upshift and downshift depending on part- or full-throttle requests. This exercise is very difficult because we need the tuner’s software program to be powerful enough to control all aspects of the transmission tuning AND be intelligent enough to prevent users from incorrectly setting parameters breaking their transmission. It also requires our team to develop straightforward user-instructions for a very complex program – a big GUI challenge given the mini monochromatic backlit LCD. Bottom line – this is more complicated than yes/no or +/- questions and some minor tweaks to the transmission. We are not far from alpha and beta testing – we have the technology running in our lab on the bench and on the dyno.

Regarding the 3815 and 3865/Cortex rumors, this new transmission tuning technology is only compatible with the latest-generation of Superchips products. The three-button 3815 design is about four years old and, unfortunately, can’t handle the complex programming or store the required information in the onboard memory. This does not mean that we have not forgotten those 3815 owners who have been waiting patiently for new options to be released. Superchips will be offering those owners an affordable ‘trade in, trade up’ option allowing existing first gen Flashpaq owners a chance to move up to the latest product at an affordable price and take advantage of these new options. Scott will PM details on the program to those interested, so contact Scott for more information or call our customer service line.

In other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep news, we’re working on the 4.7L V8 for 2008 and 2009 models. We have our all-new Hemi-powered Ram on order at the local dealer and we’re ready for its arrival. In Jeep news we’re launching some new features for Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. We are also working on some Cummins features to improve programming and return-to-stock functions. We resolved our Flashpaq.com server issues – our current vendor had some catastrophic system issues that caused our forums to go down due to hardware that then led to database corruptions. We think we have the issues resolved. We’re exploring options like moving the forums to another host, but we’re getting by right now with the original setup.

I hope this helps clarify things for the group. Special thanks go out to Sil for keeping you informed of our progress. He’s excited about the options (he’ll be a guinea pig so you’ll hear it from him first). If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, keep posting them as we monitor and reply as time allows.

Stay tuned.

Superchips Tom

Old 07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happy about the updates but sad that i have a 3815 and i bought it one month before the new one came out....

Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom

Regarding the 3815 and 3865/Cortex rumors, this new transmission tuning technology is only compatible with the latest-generation of Superchips products. The three-button 3815 design is about four years old and, unfortunately, can’t handle the complex programming or store the required information in the onboard memory. This does not mean that we have not forgotten those 3815 owners who have been waiting patiently for new options to be released.
So basically, you talked me into buying a 3815 by telling me trans tweaks are coming, made me wait months and months, changed the programmer in the meantime, and now won't support THE ONLY REASON I GOT THE PROGRAMMER on the programmer I bought?

You know what, I've been one of the guys tellin ppl to hold their horses and relax every time someone ranted about SC being slow, an SC screwing them, etc...but come on guys, this is just unacceptable. going to have lots of angry people here.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates