Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:32 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Armyguy11B
Ok I took my truck into the dealer to get new keys and some other stuff they promised me. I put it back to stock before taking it in. When I reloaded my tunes it didn't put the tranny tunes back on. I tried setting the shift schedule, but the numbers don't match at all, the stock shifts aren't even the same. I updated the tuner and still no fix. Stock shift on your chart says 11.53 and mine is 12.17. I tried getting the numbers close but by the end they are off pretty bad, what should I do? I even put the stock tune on it and then tried adjusting the tranny but my start number is still 12.17 instead of 11.53 and I cant get any of the numbers to match..
I believe there are four ways for this to happen:

1) Dealer updated PCM with new calibrations which will change your values
2) Tire size was changed
3) Gear size was changed
4) I run into a bug where a new tune (database update) will, for whatever the reason, change the calibrations. If I return my truck to stock and re-tune my values revert to their initial values.

Now what you may have run up against with #4 is your initial values were off and by returning to stock they have been reset to their correct values. I found the differences were a few hundredths to a few tenths so there wasn't a huge difference.

Also keep in mind that there will be differences in almost all truck's calibrations. It is rare that two truck will have the exact same calibrations.

Just do a mental interpolation of where your new calibrations will fall on your old chart and enter those values.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Armyguy11B

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
I believe there are four ways for this to happen:

1) Dealer updated PCM with new calibrations which will change your values
2) Tire size was changed
3) Gear size was changed
4) I run into a bug where a new tune (database update) will, for whatever the reason, change the calibrations. If I return my truck to stock and re-tune my values revert to their initial values.

Now what you may have run up against with #4 is your initial values were off and by returning to stock they have been reset to their correct values. I found the differences were a few hundredths to a few tenths so there wasn't a huge difference.

Also keep in mind that there will be differences in almost all truck's calibrations. It is rare that two truck will have the exact same calibrations.

Just do a mental interpolation of where your new calibrations will fall on your old chart and enter those values.
Well I set the truck back to stock with the tuner a few times.. I made sure I went though everything that was adjustable and put it back to stock as well.. Then I re did the advanced tune and was able to get the tranny tuned to my liking... I still wanna do a few more tweaks to get a more aggressive shift pattern...

BUT THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Ric@rdo

I had my Durango last week at the dealer and I guess that they have updated my ECU because when I plugged the Cortex it displayed one message saying that my vehicle calibration was not on file.

Since then I've been trying to upload my car's file to superchips server unsuccessfully because my programmer keeps displaying the message of USB port time out.

Since I've been told that this is happening due to my bad internet connection I have no choice but to ship my programmer to superchips to be updated and then have it back returned to me.

Oh well... I guess I have to wait a couple of weeks and spend a few bucks to enjoy my trans options again....

Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ric@rdo
I had my Durango last week at the dealer and I guess that they have updated my ECU because when I plugged the Cortex it displayed one message saying that my vehicle calibration was not on file.

Since then I've been trying to upload my car's file to superchips server unsuccessfully because my programmer keeps displaying the message of USB port time out.

Since I've been told that this is happening due to my bad internet connection I have no choice but to ship my programmer to superchips to be updated and then have it back returned to me.

Oh well... I guess I have to wait a couple of weeks and spend a few bucks to enjoy my trans options again....
Don't you have a friend or neighbor that would allow you to try to update the tuner on their PC? Save a few pennies and the aggravation of waiting.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Ric@rdo

Last night, before going to bed I packed the cortex to send it today to the US.

Today morning before leaving to work I decided to try one more time since it's Ramadan and Saudi Arabia's a sleep during day time. Success!!

Ron has already confirmed the read

Old 09-02-2010, 06:03 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ric@rdo
Last night, before going to bed I packed the cortex to send it today to the US.

Today morning before leaving to work I decided to try one more time since it's Ramadan and Saudi Arabia's a sleep during day time. Success!!

Ron has already confirmed the read

Great news Ric@rdo! Have fun with the new tune...

Old 09-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Plainbroke
Veteran
Default Super Chips

This forum is SO LONG and conveluted it is useless really. People constantly asking the same question over and over. I can not even use the search option to find out about the 02 4.7L options and which tuner to get..

Old 09-06-2010, 12:08 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Plainbroke
This forum is SO LONG and conveluted it is useless really. People constantly asking the same question over and over. I can not even use the search option to find out about the 02 4.7L options and which tuner to get..
The Flashpaq 3865 will give you: 21.9HP and 19.4 ft-lbs of torque to the rear wheels.

I don't think Advanced Data Acquisition will work for you because the truck's computer is too slow.

Advanced Trans Upgrade will not work for your truck. This upgrade is for the 04+ years.

You may be able to pick up a used Flashpaq 3815 to give you the same tune. If you're thinking of trading up your truck anytime soon then the 3865 may be the better choice.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it possible to back-up the OEM tune that is currently on my handheld tuner like I could with my Diablo? I'd like to know how it's done. Thanks

Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
spirito

I just raced a 95 taurus SHO lastnight and lost by a car and a half! I need to beat this kid! What should I do?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates