Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The product covers a wide variety of vehicle applications. To determine what files are applicable to the host vehicle a stock read will be performed of the vehicles PCM which will provide the product with the year, make, model and factory equipped options of that vehicle before tuning can begin.

The product then provides you with applicable tuning levels and useable options that relate to your application.

Scott

Old 09-14-2011, 10:22 PM
spuldup
Rookie

Any updates on the mcfail page, MDSBigPaPa?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Duroc
Professional

Originally Posted by spuldup
Any updates on the mcfail page, MDSBigPaPa?
Its up

http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/

Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 PM
ODG 75

I have a 3865 and i installed the 91 tune and tonight tried to up date and during the process i got two error codes..

(2) Key exchange error has occured

(M4) A read tuner data has occured

Any ideas ? Thanks for your help..

Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 AM
MoltenRAMer

I got the exact same error codes while I was just trying to update. Never had a problem updating my 3865 until now. Answers or recommendations are appreciated.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by ODG 75
I have a 3865 and i installed the 91 tune and tonight tried to up date and during the process i got two error codes..

(2) Key exchange error has occured

(M4) A read tuner data has occured

Any ideas ? Thanks for your help..
Here's what I posted on SC Forums...

Workaround for Ram (3865) and Jeep(3875) update failure

Ron,

I'm going to post this in both Ram and Jeep forums. I was experimenting with potential workarounds for the current "(2) A key exchange error has occurred." and "(M4) A read tuner data error has occurred." update problems. I've tested this with both my 3875 (Jeep) and 3865 (Ram) Flashpaqs.

There are two ways to initiate an update or updates:

1) If you have additional USB ports available that have NOT been used to update your tuner in the past connect your tuner to that USB port AFTER you've started the Easy Updater software. You should receive a message that New hardware is found and Installing drivers... The Easy Updater should then refresh its scan and the message USB Port Open message gets displayed on the tuner and it will update. However, upon completion of the initial update, you will again receive the two Key errors above when Easy Updater does its rescan of the tuner. So what's next if there is more than one update to be applied? Go to the next, never used for tuning, open USB port. Or...

2) If you have no additional USB ports available... Right click My Computer and select Manage then click on Device Manager (Sorry starting Device Manager may be different for OSes other than XP). With the tuner plugged in, expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and scroll down to "USB Programmer", right click it and select Properties. In the Driver tab select "Uninstall Driver." You will be asked to reboot your machine. Reboot it and start the Easy Updater software then plug in your tuner. You will see "New Hardware found" and "Installing Drivers." The Easy Updater should then rescan your tuner and proceed with the update. Again upon the completion of the initial update you will again receive the two Key errors above. If you think there may be additional updates, repeat this step.

I hope this helps... Good luck!
P.S. They're working on this problem...

Old 09-21-2011, 07:12 PM
ODG 75

I just pulled the tune out of my truck and returned it back to stock.. I then plugged it back into my computer and no more codes..

Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM
MoltenRAMer

Thanks Big PaPa, worked like a champ!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by MoltenRAMer
Thanks Big PaPa, worked like a champ!
You're welcome! Which step did you end up using?

Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 PM
MoltenRAMer

I used another USB port. I try to update at a minimum once a month, so when the error codes came up, I got a little nervous...I have not had one issue with this excellent product and am not real computer savy...but your guidance was spot on. So this is an issue that SC is aware of and working on? Just asking out of curiosity.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates