Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allout7117
thanks red truck. I do have another question though. I am new to this and not sure what the Power wire and TMR mods are
a power wire is a just basically just a resistor which you connect on one of your intake wires. Fools the computer to thinking the incoming air is 20 degrees cooler than it is.

TMR? I dont know either.

Search Powerwire and you will find a TON of stuff, including weedahoe's tutorial on how to make your own.

I made my own for 25 cents. (thats the cost of the resistor) since I had connectors, heatshrink and wire kicking around.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional
Angry Superchips "Com Error J1850 Check and Insure Ignition is on"

Cant figure out why I get this error everytime I try to log my distance and speed setting on my cortex.

ANyone?????

I've looked on the internet so far, but haven't found anything.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
ORanGEDoDgE

hey guys, Ive got an 01 with a superchip and i just have a quick question.. so i hope its alright if i post here?? Can i use the tow tune full time even if im not towing anything? I really like the shift points with that tune..

Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You can if you want to and you will not hurt anything but there is a dedicated 2nd Gen section for you if you want.

2nd Gen Ram

Old 10-19-2010, 05:44 PM
s13_marine
Professional
Exclamation 3865 SC Flashpaq issues, kinda

I bought a Superchips 3865 Flashpaq a while back, and have been running the 87+ tune on it. Well today I bought the Advanced Transmission Management Upgrade. After messing with it, it seems like I may not have all the features that some other people do, even tho they also have to 4.7L. I have the ability to adjust the torque management at WOT, but not on individual gear changes, or at any other point other than WOT. Several other users on the forum have stated that this is possible. I can go in and change the shift points individualy, but no torque management. Also, I reduced the WOT torque management to 15%, but honestly is seems worse than is was stock, like i'm getting alot of cutout. It kinda farts between shifts... anyone give me some advice here? I think maybe i'm missing something.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 PM
s13_marine
Professional

ALSO, for some reason, I am unable to adjust the idle either. There is an option under advanced tuning, but i get an error message that says "This option not available at this time" anyone else get this?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

I've been going through this thread for a while now and it's pretty obvious to me now that I know pretty much nothing about programmers. haha. So this is probabably gonna be a dumb question, but oh well. I know there are three tunes you can run (performance, towing, and economy), but are they broken down into individual tunes for different fuel grades? For example a performance 87, performance 89, and performance 93? I run 89 in my truck and I'd kinda like to be able to stick with that. All I really wanna do is kill MDS and have an economy tune. I don't know near enough to go in and do the custom stuff some of you are talking about. Thanks and I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 PM
s13_marine
Professional

Originally Posted by Dodgeboy328
I've been going through this thread for a while now and it's pretty obvious to me now that I know pretty much nothing about programmers. haha. So this is probabably gonna be a dumb question, but oh well. I know there are three tunes you can run (performance, towing, and economy), but are they broken down into individual tunes for different fuel grades? For example a performance 87, performance 89, and performance 93? I run 89 in my truck and I'd kinda like to be able to stick with that. All I really wanna do is kill MDS and have an economy tune. I don't know near enough to go in and do the custom stuff some of you are talking about. Thanks and I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot.
The tunes are broken down into 4 categories: Performance, Towing, 87 Octane, and Economy. From what it sounds like, you'd be looking at the 87 tune which is designed for 87+ octane. The Performance tune is designed for 91+ octane.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

Oh ok. Thanks s13 marine. I didn't know there was a fourth tune just for 87. I could run that with 89 and probably be satisfied knowing me.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:43 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

marine us 04 4.7s are a different breed, i guess we dont get individual shift tm, i only have wot tm at 8% may move up to 10% i had 20% and was great too, at the stock i had that gear shifting pause this corrected it for me, try adjusting your wot shift points to 5550 1-2 and 5500 2-3 thats what im working with.... i also pmed you about your email....

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates