Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAMIN4X404
The stock 20 tire size is a 33 in.
You should not have to adjust the height in your Superchips if you are running the factory tire sizes. I didn't have to and I am running 275/60R20s...which are 33 inches in height.

bighorn, look up this page at post 2822...

Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott, how do i go about purchasing the trans tuning options? thanks.
First thing is to tune your truck - the tuner MUST be VIN-locked before you can purchase the Advanced Trans Upgrade. Then use EasyUpdater again to update your tuner. If there are any updates, let them install then click on UPGRADES in the lower pane. In the UPGRADES screen select "Vehicle 01" from the drop-down section on the upper center of the screen. You should see the Advanced Trans Upgrade, follow prompts to check-out and purchase the upgrade.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by bighornram08
I just orderded the superchip 3865 from truckcustomizers.com and it had free overnight shipping.Hopefully it's here monday. Any tips for when i get it. Shift points, etc. I have the 2008 4.7L. Thanks
Check out the FAQ and shift schedules found on www.mcfail.net/superchips Lots of good information there.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
I looked into the connectivity issues being posted here and found out that the Superchips Internet Update server is currently experiencing significant technical issues (a perfect storm of hardware and software crashes) resulting in poor login and tuner update performance.

Our R&D team is working aggressively to address the server problem; however, the solution appears to be very time consuming. We expect to have the matter resolved no later than Feb 11, so please be patient with us. We regret the inconvenience. We’re committed to excellent customer service and will try to keep you posted with progress reports.

Scott
Thank you for the update Scott!!

Sil

Old 02-05-2011, 03:51 PM
bighornram08
Professional

I checked out the website given, but dont plan on getting the trans options as soon as i get it. Going to wait about two weeks before that purchase. So, with the as is superchip, no trans option purchase, I can only run the different tune options, and rev limiter. Anyone know how I should set the rev limiter, or any of the other factory superchip adjustments. Just won't to get it all figured before my chip comes in on monday. Hate waiting on ups guy.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by bighornram08
I checked out the website given, but dont plan on getting the trans options as soon as i get it. Going to wait about two weeks before that purchase. So, with the as is superchip, no trans option purchase, I can only run the different tune options, and rev limiter. Anyone know how I should set the rev limiter, or any of the other factory superchip adjustments. Just won't to get it all figured before my chip comes in on monday. Hate waiting on ups guy.
You can set your REV limit, your WOT shifts (1-2, 2-3). You can run the stock shift schedule with the tuning. You can run stock torque management with the tuning or a combination of both. Lot's of choices.

With the expanded trans options, you'll be able to set all your part throttle shifts (1-4 up/2-5 down) and control all of your torque management.

Sil

Old 02-05-2011, 05:15 PM
RAMIN4X404
Amateur

where is the option to set my own rev limit and TQ managment??? i didnt see those adjustments, it just says 91 performance tune and super chips rev and superchips shift points?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

where is the option to set my own rev limit and TQ managment??? i didnt see those adjustments, it just says 91 performance tune and super chips rev and superchips shift points?
Under Advanced Tune, then options. You'll have REV Limit, WOT shifts.

Scroll down and you'll have a Shift Schedule and Torque Management option. If you didn't upgrade to the advanced trans tuning, you'll notice these two options have the 'User' setting disabled. You can choose between running the Stock schedule or the Superchips schedule with tuning. You can choose to run Stock torque management or Superchips torque management with tuning. You can also run a combination of both.

If you upgrade to the advanced trans tuning, you'll have access to all part throttle shifts and access to tweak torque management ever further.

Sil

Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 PM
countrystyleram
Rookie
Default Hm

I got my 3815 tuner yesterday night after work and tuned my 03 to the 87 tune and then retuned the tire size to what it needs to be. It seemed to help a lot but it still has that odd bog going up hills, next idea is the catalytic converter and seeing what I can do with that, any ideas what it may be? Its got a full tune up, cept fuel stuff.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:50 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by countrystyleram
I got my 3815 tuner yesterday night after work and tuned my 03 to the 87 tune and then retuned the tire size to what it needs to be. It seemed to help a lot but it still has that odd bog going up hills, next idea is the catalytic converter and seeing what I can do with that, any ideas what it may be? Its got a full tune up, cept fuel stuff.
The bog is the torque converter locking up. It's annoying, but normal and part of Dodge programming.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates