Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Mud Marine
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought the Flashpaq, installed the software to my computer, downloaded the updates to the flashpaq, read every scrap of paper that came with it too. I tried installing the quick program to my 2007 1500 4.7L and got a "General error: Please retry: Call Superchips report error G-3F"

I looked this up online and it seemed like my flashpaq may not have updated properly. I am trying to re-update the flashpaq but not finding that option. I was hoping that even though its the weekend Scott or another Superchip rep might see this post and give me a hand here. I really had my hopes up for trying this badboy out this week and dont want to wait till monday for customer support

How bout it, anyone got some tips for me to try between now and then?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:00 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Mud Marine
Bought the Flashpaq, installed the software to my computer, downloaded the updates to the flashpaq, read every scrap of paper that came with it too. I tried installing the quick program to my 2007 1500 4.7L and got a "General error: Please retry: Call Superchips report error G-3F"

I looked this up online and it seemed like my flashpaq may not have updated properly. I am trying to re-update the flashpaq but not finding that option. I was hoping that even though its the weekend Scott or another Superchip rep might see this post and give me a hand here. I really had my hopes up for trying this badboy out this week and dont want to wait till monday for customer support

How bout it, anyone got some tips for me to try between now and then?
Marine, retry. Also, you may want to download the pre-release of the new internet update software to see if it's any better. Scroll back a page or two to find Sil's link to the new software.

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Mud Marine
Amateur

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
Marine, retry. Also, you may want to download the pre-release of the new internet update software to see if it's any better. Scroll back a page or two to find Sil's link to the new software.

Good luck!

Up downloaded the new software 3.0 and then tried tuning my truck again. No dice, same error. I also tried using the advanced tune with the same result. The flaspaq was able to look up my trucks information but was not able to program the computer or anything :/

Guess Ill be waiting till monday after all. Screw you Mr. Murphy

Old 03-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Lecrict
Professional

if anyone knows of someone selling one. please let me know

Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Deroneill
Rookie
Default SCT tuners as a better option

i want to do a cam swap, headers, intake...etc. I would like to get a SCT tuner for these mods. Which SCT tuner should i go with?

Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ive got a valve spring tool for sale if you are interested. What cam are you looking at? As for a tuner, if you get a SCT you will need to buy the SCT tuner, pay for tuning, buy a datalogger and a AFR setup also.

If you get a Diablo, you will only need to pay for the tuner itself, tuning and a AFR because the Diablo can datalog internally.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:14 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

You've got an 05' go with either the DSP or do a SCT/SC stack. I am running the DSP doing my cutsom tune for my cam and havent had any issues with it plus you get the trans control with the DSP and datalog features. You dont get that with the SCT

Old 04-10-2011, 12:06 AM
s13_marine
Professional

Question... I have an '04 1500 4.7L and a 3865 Flashpaq w/ advance trans. option, if I remove the catalyctic converters, and just run test pipes, this would most likely give me a CEL correct.... and if so, would this kick superchips tune into a "limp" mode?

Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 PM
neil300zx
Rookie

Hi
Tried running the truck in mileage mode with the flashpaq yesterday, the gearbox couldn't make up its mind about what gear to be in, when i got home i noticed the engine check light was on so i connected the flashpaq and retrieved 2 codes one i think was a p0700 and i cant remember what the other one was but it said error with 4th gear ratio, so i retuned the truck back to towing mode
as i generally leave it in this mode cos i tow quite a bit and all was fine, gear change was good no messing around.
any ideas!
Cheers

Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Have you used the Mileage tune prior to this incident? I could only guess at an issue without someone in tech looking at the files.

What I would do is try it once more to determine if it was a fluke in the transfer or not. If you get the same results return to Tow or stock and email customer service at tech@superchips.com for assistance. In the email include your tuner SN along with your contact info to reach you.

Scott

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates