Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:28 PM
neil300zx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips shift point adjustment

Hi
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me about the above!
If i purchased a superchips programmer and the software update apparently i can set up shift points to suit, but im a bit confused, attached is an exert from something i picked up off the superchips forum

Does this mean that if my TP% is set to 8.235 it will not shift from 1st - 2nd until i reach 18.73 mph regardless of whether i crawl along or not or where the gas pedal is positioned, I am having a few difficulties when towing, when i start to drive and reach say 50MPH in lets say 3rd gear and im going uphill i back off the gas and it changes up to 4th, then because im going uphill still it stars to slow down so ill put my foot back on the gas and it wont change back to 3rd if i put more gas it drops down to 2nd and revs very high then back to 3rd and upto 50MPH back of the gas into 4th again and starts to slow down etc etc will the above sort this out?

Hope this makes sense

Cheers
Neil

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Eric's_2004_Shift_Schedule.pdf (19.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 02-07-2011, 12:57 PM
bighornram08
Professional

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
You can set your REV limit, your WOT shifts (1-2, 2-3). You can run the stock shift schedule with the tuning. You can run stock torque management with the tuning or a combination of both. Lot's of choices.

With the expanded trans options, you'll be able to set all your part throttle shifts (1-4 up/2-5 down) and control all of your torque management.

Sil
Any tips on what to set the rev limiter and wot 1-2, 2-3 shift points too? My truck is on "e" right now and the superchip should be here before I get off work. Going to put 93 gas in and try the 93 tune first.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by neil300zx
Does this mean that if my TP% is set to 8.235 it will not shift from 1st - 2nd until i reach 18.73 mph regardless of whether i crawl along or not or where the gas pedal is positioned
Where the throttle is positioned. Crawl along and press pedal down far enough to represent 8.235% of throttle, shift. In this case, the user does not like his shift occurring early under light throttle. Perfect example here because, there are folks that like a first shift that holds under light throttle and there are others that want that shift to happen quickly.

When you're looking at Eric's schedule, you'll input the MPH values. The TP% are set for each calibration. Load Eric's schedule and drive it around. You can make changes as you drive the truck. After you load the first schedule, it's very much a program of individual feel.

I can't speak to towing. I do know one of our beta testers tows with his shift schedule and is pleased with his results.

Sil

Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by bighornram08
Any tips on what to set the rev limiter and wot 1-2, 2-3 shift points too? My truck is on "e" right now and the superchip should be here before I get off work. Going to put 93 gas in and try the 93 tune first.
You have a 4.7L. I'm hoping one of the 4.7 guys sees your post.

Let me look around because, I believe the calibrator gave me some rev/wot settings one time. I'll post back if I find them.

Sil

Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 PM
countrystyleram
Rookie

The bog is the torque converter locking up. It's annoying, but normal and part of Dodge programming.

Sil
Okay, if that is what is causing the bog, then my friend from work has a QC to my reg and her truck she says never does the *Bog*?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by countrystyleram
Okay, if that is what is causing the bog, then my friend from work has a QC to my reg and her truck she says never does the *Bog*?
At what MPH range does it happen?

I've owned a 2004 QC and now a 2008. Both years had the TC lock up bog. There was a pretty big thread one time on Superchips forum in regards to the bog.

Sil

Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 AM
countrystyleram
Rookie

At what MPH range does it happen?

I've owned a 2004 QC and now a 2008. Both years had the TC lock up bog. There was a pretty big thread one time on Superchips forum in regards to the bog.

Sil
50-65MPH And up range

Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by countrystyleram
50-65MPH And up range
That's the TC locking up. It was designed by Dodge this way for fuel economy reasons. You'll notice even more going up a hill. Annoying for sure.

Trucks from 2004+ have it as well. The difference in those years is, you can tune it out if you have the trans options.

Sil

Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
countrystyleram
Rookie

That's the TC locking up. It was designed by Dodge this way for fuel economy reasons. You'll notice even more going up a hill. Annoying for sure.

Trucks from 2004+ have it as well. The difference in those years is, you can tune it out if you have the trans options.

Sil
Mine is a 03 and far as I know I dont have that option.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

Mine is a 03 and far as I know I dont have that option.
Yeah you have it. Almost everything from the 1980 on has it.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates