Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just updated but I am leary about hooking it up to my truck for fear of losing my ability to change my settings.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An enhancement to the update program.

After your tuner completes an update and you click on the new detail button, you'll be able to read new version information.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
taker24
Professional

Originally Posted by carl550k
hey all, o.k. i updated my tuner this morning (v1.35 db259) the 2 new options dont seem to work with my 04 qc hemi. after each time after i unplug the programmer i i plug it back in to check the settings and under power levels it keeps telling me stock. it was fine till this morning. i even tried to read stock and the progeammer tells me to put the truck to stock first. any ideas? carl
Maybe I am a dumbass. I did not know you can plug the programmer back in to check what settings you are running.

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
The two new options that don't work, are they idle setting and spark advance?
I just updated my 3865 last Saturday and it did not say anything about these 2 updates. Did they just come out in the last day or so?
I was going to try some different tunes this weekend but after reading these couple posts I am leary to change anything.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:04 AM
superrob

Hey guys,

New face around here, already checked in on the newbie board.

I was cruising looking for ways to get more grunt out of my truck and read I think every post in this thread as I have a tuner (3815) for my 2002 5.9l.

I updated it (the tuner) today, for the first time in 6 months, and like the new features.

I never really felt that it justified itself with the performance gain. I personally can tell no increase in power or torque. I've actually recorded my mileage on several trips between Grande Prairie and Calgary, and it never seems to change for the better, regardless of the fuel grade or the SC Program installed The best I ever got was a calculated 12.72 US MPG. Shifts seem to be the same as before I got the SC. And I have YET to do a burnout in the truck....it JUST WONT do it (Not that thats a bad thing as I have brand new tires, but COME ON a CHIPPED EFI 360 cant burn the tires on a pickup???)

One feature that I DO like is the tire reprogramming ability. That worked like the ****.

After I programmed the truck this evening, I went back and looked again after, and just like was mentioned in the previous post, it read STOCK, tried to Read Stock and it told me to Program it to Stock First.... Tried reprogramming it several times and all the same response.

I know that the SC is talking to the truck because it will allow me to change the Idle Limit, Ign Advance, and also will display logged data, although when I tried to extract the data it said the file was corrupt.

So what gives?

I bought this programmer originally for the improved economy I was supposed to be getting from it, and if not that then what the hell, at least it will make the truck have more grunt and not search for gears as much....but no....

Now its got me wondering if it ever actually did properly reprogram the truck, or if it still reads stock due to the new update, I never checked in the past.

Got some Advice?

Thanks,
Rob

Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by superrob
After I programmed the truck this evening, I went back and looked again after, and just like was mentioned in the previous post, it read STOCK, tried to Read Stock and it told me to Program it to Stock First.... Tried reprogramming it several times and all the same response.
Have you tried to program back to stock and re-tune?

Was the truck already tuned prior to the update?

Sil

Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
carl550k
Amateur

hey all, well back to try again this morning.once again i updated the tuner, the db is now 260, i hope it solves my problem with being able to change tune. i will also try to return to stock and try from there even though i never had to before. and yes, once the programmer finishes and tells you to rmove from vehicle unplug and plug back in again. go through the promps until you get to view settings this will tell you what settings your at, tune, tranny settings, tire size, etc. carl

Old 04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
taker24
Professional

Originally Posted by carl550k
and yes, once the programmer finishes and tells you to rmove from vehicle unplug and plug back in again. go through the promps until you get to view settings this will tell you what settings your at, tune, tranny settings, tire size, etc. carl
I learn something new everyday!!
But what gives with the problems about not tuning properly? It seems you are not the only one with this problem.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taker24
Maybe I am a dumbass. I did not know you can plug the programmer back in to check what settings you are running.
yea you can. thats how you can do the data logging like 1/4, 0-60 times

Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
carl550k
Amateur

well, just tried again, no luck. changed the truck back to stock, no problem. from there reprogrammed to 89 tune, change tranny settings, adjusted tire size. everything went well. when i plugged back in to check settings, the tune was stock but the tranny and tire settings were still where i set them. what gives? everything was fine until i updated my tuner yesterday. carl

Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

sounds like they just threw us this new update just to calm the fire on our usefull updates? i have heard this happing allot thats why i aint updating now!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates