Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:19 PM
taker24
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carl550k
go through the promps until you get to view settings this will tell you what settings your at, tune, tranny settings, tire size, etc. carl
I just spent about 45 min in my truck playing with my SC.
When I plug it in it reads 'tuning has been installed'. It also says 'Tuner status: locked programmed ok'. But I cannot find any prompt that says view settings?? If I go to install tune, then select power level, then settings, I can go thru all the settings & check them that way, but I cannot find anything that lists what tune I have installed or what options I have on that tune. Mine is the 3865 if it makes a difference.
I have several other questions and issues but I will take things one at a time.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 PM
taker24
Professional

Ignore my above post. I just got off the phone with SC and now I am waiting to hear back from a rep to see what is wrong with my tuner.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be an option in there somewhere to view what the settings are. I will look when I get put to my truck but I know there is a screen that shows what you set your rev limit and shifts at along with what powerlevel you are on.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
taker24
Professional

I found the screen I need, problem is the screen does not work!! In fact, it does nothing! what the hell. The SC rep told me to update and try it again, or wait for him to get back to me. I don't really want to update because of the problems everyone else is having. I guess I wait.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taker24
I found the screen I need, problem is the screen does not work!! In fact, it does nothing! what the hell. The SC rep told me to update and try it again, or wait for him to get back to me. I don't really want to update because of the problems everyone else is having. I guess I wait.
I updated yesterday but still haven't tried it yet. Has anyone updated to db 260 and installed it yet?

Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
superrob

I THINK my truck had a tune before I updated it....never honestly checked until yesterday that the tune had been properly installed. I just assumed that when the programming steps are done and it says that 'Tuning Is Installed, Turn off your Vehicle and Unplug Tuner' That it was right.

Like I say, I believe it was tuned before the update, but I cant confirm.

And thats with the 260 DB

Will rip home and get the tuner and my other laptop and try some more.

Anyone else have any luck extracting data from the log?? I didnt.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:55 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I updated yesterday but still haven't tried it yet. Has anyone updated to db 260 and installed it yet?
Yes, I would like to know too. I haven’t updated my tuner yet, but I have 4.56 gears, and would like to see how it changes the shift points. I would also like to increase my idle a little. But I don’t want to update my tuner if I’m going to have any problems with it actually installing the tuning, and then not being able to change any settings. And as far as the updates go, I was reading on the Flashpaq forum site that the gear update is only for 06 and up. But there was no mention about the idle setting or spark advance, so I'm not sure what years that those settings work with.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:28 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

They are aware that the "View Settings" function isn't working.

Otherwise, the tuner is functioning properly.

Sil

Old 04-24-2009, 07:37 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

see guys we were promised updates for months now and they dont have them so they hurried up and gave us this one to shut us up for now and they were givin to us without testing ....dont update till they have it correct!!!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
see guys we were promised updates for months now and they dont have them so they hurried up and gave us this one to shut us up for now and they were givin to us without testing ....dont update till they have it correct!!!!!
They didn't hurry anything. They are enhancing the firmware, so other options can be added. There's a process to follow.

You think they should slap it together like other tuner companies and give you a product that negatively impacts your ride? I don't.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates