Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
We have development code working in our lab, but we need to port it into Hemi/545RFE and work out the details before beta testing. When we have the code ready, I'll solicit you guys for beta testing.

Stay tuned.

Tom Bennett
Superchips, Inc.
When you need a beta tester you can count me in. I will test out the new features for you guys.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this going to be available to us 4.7 guys too???

Old 03-29-2009, 11:29 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom

We have development code working in our lab, but we need to port it into Hemi/545RFE and work out the details before beta testing. When we have the code ready, I'll solicit you guys for beta testing.

Stay tuned.

Tom Bennett
Superchips, Inc.
Wait what? I could have sworn you guys bragged about not using customer vehicles for testing "unlike the competition" in that other thread. I'll copy/paste some quotes if you'd like.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Wait what? I could have sworn you guys bragged about not using customer vehicles for testing "unlike the competition" in that other thread. I'll copy/paste some quotes if you'd like.
i think they meant not using customer vehicles unknowingly, i.e. releasing a software without fair warning and seeing what gives. everybody that releases any software has to do beta testing, and these guys are giving a fair warning and asking for volunteers. there isn't a chance SC is going to buy enough trucks to do a thorough test on internally.

lol severe, you out to get these guys or what?

edit: now that i think about it, did DSP ever release a beta version? EVERY software needs a test run. if they didn't do that, makes me worry a bit. though they might be testing their beta version on severe's truck right now for all we know

Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I believe that the testing on customer vehicles done by the competiton refers to selling customers tuners that did not have perfected tuning for all vehicles, resulting in problems for some of the end user consumers. Beta testing is different in that it is done on a voluntary basis and the person using the tuning knows what they are getting when they agree to do it.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
i think they meant not using customer vehicles unknowingly, i.e. releasing a software without fair warning and seeing what gives. everybody that releases any software has to do beta testing, and these guys are giving a fair warning and asking for volunteers. there isn't a chance SC is going to buy enough trucks to do a thorough test on internally.

lol severe, you out to get these guys or what?

edit: now that i think about it, did DSP ever release a beta version? EVERY software needs a test run. if they didn't do that, makes me worry a bit. though they might be testing their beta version on severe's truck right now for all we know
Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I believe that the testing on customer vehicles done by the competiton refers to selling customers tuners that did not have perfected tuning for all vehicles, resulting in problems for some of the end user consumers. Beta testing is different in that it is done on a voluntary basis and the person using the tuning knows what they are getting when they agree to do it.
Ohh ok...I thought he meant SC doesn't beta test on consumer vehicles..my fault .

No i'm not out to get SC per say...when I first bought my truck I wanted to get one. I guess i'm a little butt hurt that their user options were crap back then, and it takes another company jumping in the market for them to make their product better. So I had to wait over a year (dealing with MDS the whole time) for the pred to hit the market and for SC to get off their ***. /rant

I'm all happy now...oh but I will never forget :/

Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

I'm glad the SC guys are here to help us out.. Stuff takes time and can't expect miracles over night... Those that wish to buy products before seeing what the pros and cons are make me laugh. I dont know about any1 else but I was always told never buy first year out cars/trucks/products. Reasoning behind that is many possible issues and I dont want the headaches. So I guess I wanna thank those for buying the first year out cars/trucks/products and going through all the b.s. so I can buy and enjoy my well spent $.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:43 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Ohh ok...I thought he meant SC doesn't beta test on consumer vehicles..my fault
What Superchips doesn't do is, release a product that isn't finished and causes a high failure rate. We've seen what happens when you rush a tuning product out the door, you get bad tuning. I've beta tested for years now for Superchips. They are even super careful with their beta testers. To the point that I've had only one issue in all those years of testing and it was firmware related. It caused no issues to the vehicle. Their QC is the best in the business. When I've talked to the programmer and engineer, they ask enough questions to make your head spin. They're always looking out for the end user, their customer.

Sorry about your experience in regards to the promises of custom tuning. I believe Superchips is listening, starting with the new and upcoming options. They are even considering an off road solution. I don't work for Superchips, so this is my experience as a customer and beta tester. When the President of Superchips emails me and asks me for the heartbeat of his customers in this forum and others, I've given him honest feedback. When he takes that feedback and changes things, I can tell you they are listening without equivocation. If they keep moving in this direction, hopefully one day they may win back your loyalty.

Sil

Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
They are even super careful with their beta testers. To the point that I've had only one issue in all those years of testing and it was firmware related. It caused no issues to the vehicle. Their QC is the best in the business. When I've talked to the programmer and engineer, they ask enough questions to make your head spin. They're always looking out for the end user, their customer.
If I didn't believe that SC is careful with their beta testing I would never volunteer to do testing for them.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I guess i'm a little butt hurt that their user options were crap back then, and it takes another company jumping in the market for them to make their product better.
i agree. i'm sure they sat on some stuff till the DSP came around. and if DSP hadn't come out, they might not even be on this forum. but hey, it's business. that's just how business works when there's noone else selling a competent product. a little competition is always good, but given where they are at now I think SC just has a better package for most people.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates