Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:36 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LJVFR
Just downloaded my Superchips 3865 and installed the performance tune. Have 93 octane gas in tank. Have not drove truck yet. My question is.... Does the "performance mode" adjust anything in the transmission by itself, or do I have to manually go in to the tranny section to due anything? Sorry if this has been asked before, I did try to use "search" and nothing came up. Thanks again, Lance
I believe the Mileage XS is the only tune to change shift points. You'll need the Advanced Trans Upgrade (US+$39.95) to adjust TM and Shift Points.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:16 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so maybe i'm just stupid but i purchased the advanced trans option and whent to go set up a schedule i downloaded and where there should be mph say 14.81 or what not it is just lets say .181 am i looking at something wrong or what do i need to do

Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
greatwest1
Default Superchips Rebate- Arrived ! Thanks...G

I just received my Superchips rebate ; - a misplaced address -
-one call and everything was quickly sorted out.

Thanks to the Superchips company and their marketing company !

Great product, great customer service , and quick help ! = a Home Run.

Tx. G.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
djrusso7
Amateur

Do superchips put a lot of stress on the tranny? ive been looking at them but didnt know if it would be bad for my transmission

Old 12-29-2011, 11:24 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by scwpd
so maybe i'm just stupid but i purchased the advanced trans option and whent to go set up a schedule i downloaded and where there should be mph say 14.81 or what not it is just lets say .181 am i looking at something wrong or what do i need to do
Try updating your tuner again. If you get the same result, call SC on Tuesday and they will help you. 1-888-227-2447 8-5 EST.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:27 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by djrusso7
Do superchips put a lot of stress on the tranny? ive been looking at them but didnt know if it would be bad for my transmission
NO, just the opposite. I was a beta tester and have had no problems since I started. I believe it actually reduces wear and tear on the clutches because with reduced TM the clutches are not slipping as much.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:28 PM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried updating it and emailed them talked to sonnie and they never heard or seen this before. I'll try and post a screen shot and let yall see

Old 12-30-2011, 12:22 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello "Good Thread", I've read a lot of it looking for the answer to my question but I can't find one so I'm going to have to ask...
I have a 2002 Ram ..I bought it with a blown 4.7-motor , so I replaced it with a 2004 Hemi Motor And Transmission.. I didn't put Cat. Converters back on when I re-built the exhaust , and I changed the wiring harness from the dash to headlights , the dash wiring is still 02'..I also replaced the computer with a 04' Hemi ecm..Other than that everything is stock.
I've been studying different super-chips Tuners and options for more H.P. Better fuel mileage ,shift schedule, Exc......I'm happy with everything now "But" my 545rfe transmission shifts 7 times. @ 60 mph I'm running 1,500 RPM , I don't mind that but, when I run 30-35 mph without turning off the o.d. It wants to shift into o.d. and lug at 1,100 RPM.s .. With My truck motor not being stock in my truck, will this unit work for me ?
I am assuming the Super-tuner plugs in under the steering wheel , That part of my truck is still 02'. I don't know if there's a difference in the plug wiring between the 02' and 04'. I don't think it will make a difference , but I thought I would ask before I spend a lot of money on a product that I can't use because of the Hemi Motor Swap..

Old 12-31-2011, 01:44 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by HemiDak-Quad
Hello "Good Thread", I've read a lot of it looking for the answer to my question but I can't find one so I'm going to have to ask...
I have a 2002 Ram ..I bought it with a blown 4.7-motor , so I replaced it with a 2004 Hemi Motor And Transmission.. I didn't put Cat. Converters back on when I re-built the exhaust , and I changed the wiring harness from the dash to headlights , the dash wiring is still 02'..I also replaced the computer with a 04' Hemi ecm..Other than that everything is stock.
I've been studying different super-chips Tuners and options for more H.P. Better fuel mileage ,shift schedule, Exc......I'm happy with everything now "But" my 545rfe transmission shifts 7 times. @ 60 mph I'm running 1,500 RPM , I don't mind that but, when I run 30-35 mph without turning off the o.d. It wants to shift into o.d. and lug at 1,100 RPM.s .. With My truck motor not being stock in my truck, will this unit work for me ?
I am assuming the Super-tuner plugs in under the steering wheel , That part of my truck is still 02'. I don't know if there's a difference in the plug wiring between the 02' and 04'. I don't think it will make a difference , but I thought I would ask before I spend a lot of money on a product that I can't use because of the Hemi Motor Swap..
Disclaimer: I'M NO MECHANIC! The under-dash connector used by the the 3815 and 3865 Flashpaq is OBDII and the '03+ have OBDII http://www.google.com/search?q=obdii...w=1126&bih=946 I'm not sure what the '02s had.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by LJVFR
Just downloaded my Superchips 3865 and installed the performance tune. Have 93 octane gas in tank. Have not drove truck yet. My question is.... Does the "performance mode" adjust anything in the transmission by itself, or do I have to manually go in to the tranny section to due anything? Sorry if this has been asked before, I did try to use "search" and nothing came up. Thanks again, Lance
It does. It makes changes to TM, Rev Limit, WOT shifts and uses a Superchips proprietary schedule. The quick tune is basically a tune with Superchips preset options.

If you want full control of everything, do like Mark said and upgrade to the advanced trans tuning. That makes an even bigger difference.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates