Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rio94gt
Mark,

I finally got around to installing your shift shcedule. Didnt drive the truck yet though. I know you said I may have to modify the TP% values some. Well your TP% numbers were exactly what I saw on the flashpaq when changing the values but, I could not select the exact MPH values you had in your tables. I just went with the closest value I could to what you had. Is this okay?
Yup, that's exactly the way to do it... Calibration values change based on options differences.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Honestly, even I couldn't tell you if this product would work correctly with your conversion. Our engineers never tested or tuned the product on modified vehicles such as yours and so we can't guarantee that it will work or offer any assistance if it doesn't.

Scott

Originally Posted by HemiDak-Quad
How much is this Super~tuner with Transmission upgrade and will it work on my 2002~Ram with 04' Hemi Motor conversion ?

Old 01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Honestly, even I couldn't tell you if this product would work correctly with your conversion. Our engineers never tested or tuned the product on modified vehicles such as yours and so we can't guarantee that it will work or offer any assistance if it doesn't.

Scott
With more and more people doing this Hemi Swap into Rams and even Dakotas , it might be a good time to try one . Send me one I'll try it. I'll keep you informed on everything that happens , Good or Bad . If it won't work I'll send it back.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

I can't offer you that kind of deal but we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee on a new product purchase. The only thing we can't refund is the Advanced Trans Tuning download but you will know before you try that feature if the product will work or not just by attempting to load a tuning level into the vehicle.

You could try that option.

Scott

Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Also I have purchased the advanced trans upgrade but am still running the superchips shift shedule. I tried Sils but it was a little too agressive for me and worse MPG.

Since my truck is an 08 do I have to run one of the schedules on the mcfail site under the 08 folder? Im looking for a schedule that is a little more agressive than the superchips and improve on my mileage of the superchips schedule as well. Its winter and im getting roughly 11.5 now.
Are you running the 010211 schedule?

I get a solid 14+ mpg and more all day long in the city with that schedule. My truck is basically driven in the city only.

When you first load it, there may be a temporary drop. The PCM will adjust after a few miles and you'll be good. Keep in mind, it's how you drive truck as well. When you first load this tuning, it's to tempting to have lots of fun with the shifts.

Sil

Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Yeah I was. I ran it for about 2 weeks. I have a few things working against me though. I sit in rush hour traffic for an hour or so every day. I also need a tune up bad. Plugs have 38k on them and TB has never been cleaned. Live in Pittsburgh with tons of hills too.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

I drive with as light a foot as possible as well.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Lifttruck
Rookie

Also I have purchased the advanced trans upgrade but am still running the superchips shift shedule. I tried Sils but it was a little too agressive for me and worse MPG.

Since my truck is an 08 do I have to run one of the schedules on the mcfail site under the 08 folder? Im looking for a schedule that is a little more agressive than the superchips and improve on my mileage of the superchips schedule as well. Its winter and im getting roughly 11.5 now.
Wow my '02 Ram 1500 QC 4X4 with a 5.9L gets better than 11.5mpg. We're in the same part of the world too. I run the 91+ tune in mine. No trans tuning available for mine.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Customcowboy

I have an 07 1500 with the 4.7flex (i dont run the E85 tho) I also have Cold Air intake and MagnaFlow exhaust, BFG AT Ko tires.

my question is which programmer would work best with my truck? the Flashpaq Tuner or cortex?

I drive 60miles aday mostly blacktop some gravel, also in and out of fields for different reasons. As well as im a Volunteer FireFighter and i have blue lights on the truck to run code3 when calls go out. So the trucks gotta preform when i hit that pedal but when im not pushing 80-90mph get decent mpg.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:16 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Customcowboy
I have an 07 1500 with the 4.7flex (i dont run the E85 tho) I also have Cold Air intake and MagnaFlow exhaust, BFG AT Ko tires.

my question is which programmer would work best with my truck? the Flashpaq Tuner or cortex?

I drive 60miles aday mostly blacktop some gravel, also in and out of fields for different reasons. As well as im a Volunteer FireFighter and i have blue lights on the truck to run code3 when calls go out. So the trucks gotta preform when i hit that pedal but when im not pushing 80-90mph get decent mpg.
The Cortex has a drive train warranty however there are limitations - the biggest is the warranty is voided if you purchase the Advanced Trans Upgrade. The Cortex can also tune more than the RAM but, only one vehicle at a time.

Your best bet for the cost is the Flashpaq 3865. I also recommend, for USD$39.95, you purchase the Advanced Trans Upgrade. You will not be sorry.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates