Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustINploided
So if im looking for a superchip for an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7l what should i be looking for ?
The Flashpaq (part 3865) will work fine with your 2004.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by itshemitime
I'm going to try setting it to 8% for RPM and WOT values and see what happens. Thanks all
Great! Let us know how it goes. Since you have a 2008, load my shift schedule as well.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JustINploided
So if im looking for a superchip for an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7l what should i be looking for ?
For an '04, no need in looking anywhere else but Superchips. Diablo doesn't support '04 trannies at all and it's the transmission shifts and firmness that makes or breaks a tuner...

Old 03-14-2012, 04:52 PM
CanadianWR450
Amateur
Default Finally got my Tune!

Just got back in after my first test drive of my 08 Ram 2500 with the 5.7 and the new tune with a Flashpaq 3865.
Wow. I would never have expected such an improvement from just a tuner! I had to wait for Superchips to make a new tune for me because my truck had a brand new one from dealer they had not yet seen, but it was so worth the wait.

91 perf. tune and set the right tire size (33" from 30.5") produced a 5 mpg gain as per the truck's trip console for my normal driving!! I know that is not a TRUE 5 mpg increase, as the corrected tire size had to help, but I don't believe just the tire size made up the 5 mpg difference! Regardless, looking up and seeing a average of 17 - 18 mpg versus the 12 - 13 mpg I'm used to seeing sure as hell makes me feel better if nothing else. I'll have a better feeling on true gains after a tank or 2.

Even if there was NO MPG gains, the difference in the truck is truly amazing! No more crazy random gear changes, no more always feel like the truck is lugging, and bogging, and in general, feeling like the "SS Fat Bloated Pig" unless you have your foot in it and revving the thing. The drive ability improvement is night and day. Speaking of revving it, when you do, hang on...lol...I pulled out of my road and tramped on it, leaving 2 black marks about 30 - 35 ft long. I did the exact same thing once before....it produced a "shuddering" feeling for about 10 ft. haha!

I want 34" tires, but I was so worried about the performance hit, and lack of performance at 33" I was considering going to 4.56 gears (from 3.73), or even going back to the dinky stock size rubber. No worries running 34" now!

Best bang for the buck you will find for these trucks!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
JustINploided
Amateur

Alright looking forward to my purchase hopefully will get her all done this weekend! thanks for the input

Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Kenbo21
Amateur

So I just got my 04 Ram 5.7L a week ago and I have been looking for a programmer. I always heard of Bullydog being the best but after reading more on it and becoming a member here. I have realized that Superchip is the best for my year truck. I am getting about 15mpg on 87 octane with CAI, Gibson Exhaust and Dynotune headers. I am hoping to still run 87 but knowing myself I will end up running 93 on the 91 tune. Im going to order this shortly.

Now my question is. Where do you mount the thing? does anyone have pics of theres so I can take a look at the best spot to mount it

Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 AM
CanadianWR450
Amateur

Originally Posted by Kenbo21
So I just got my 04 Ram 5.7L a week ago and I have been looking for a programmer. I always heard of Bullydog being the best but after reading more on it and becoming a member here. I have realized that Superchip is the best for my year truck. I am getting about 15mpg on 87 octane with CAI, Gibson Exhaust and Dynotune headers. I am hoping to still run 87 but knowing myself I will end up running 93 on the 91 tune. Im going to order this shortly.

Now my question is. Where do you mount the thing? does anyone have pics of theres so I can take a look at the best spot to mount it
If your getting a flashpaq, it doesn't mount anywhere. You plug it into the port under the dash, program/tune, then unplug it and take it back in the house until you want to make another change.

The new Vivid however does mount in the truck for viewing, and I believe it either comes with, or they are available with mounts for the window piller's and / or dash?
I have a Flashpaq (Which I highly recommend), so can't really comment on the new vivid, but the best thing to do if your interested in a Vivid is check them out at Superchips.com, or contact them directly.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Kenbo21
Amateur

I am interested in the Cortex. I like the looks of it and everything. But if they both come out of the car once I upload the tune, than I guess it really doesn't matter and I will just buy the flashpaq which is cheaper. I thought that it needed to be connected the whole time. I was not aware that you just upload the tune and unplug it. In that case I will get the flashpaq. I just honestly didn't like the looks of it as much as the Cortex

Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
dabeast87
Default advice

I need some advice. Anyone know if it is possible to use two different chips on my dodge ram?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 AM
dabeast87

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Not recommend to stack tuning, especially with the plug in chip. Personally, plug in chips I would stay away from.
So even just a jet chip would be a bad idea? If i was to switch chips. Or do i need to just go with a programmer. I only have a budget of about 2 or 3 hundred dollars. Is there a type of programmer that id selling for about that much?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates