Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
shrimp_2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got a 3865 and was wondering how long does it take to put on the software? i downloaded the software and plugged it in and two errors popped up and i clicked okay and now it says analyzing hardware. so does that mean its updating or what???

Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by shrimp_2
i just got a 3865 and was wondering how long does it take to put on the software? i downloaded the software and plugged it in and two errors popped up and i clicked okay and now it says analyzing hardware. so does that mean its updating or what???
What, exactly, were the errors? You could try to unplug the tuner's USB cable and plug it in again.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
KrzyKanuck

may be a stupid question, I havn't updated my tuner in a while, just did it today. But I was just curious, have the files changed that dramatically performance wise or are the updates more for the customization options. I have been runnig the 91 octane, but do I re-tune my truck after this update?

also, when I do an update, I usually set truck back to stock, start to ensure all went good, turn off, pull battery cable for a few mins to reset computer, restart truck, turn off, reprogram, restart, pull cable and restart a final time for a final reboot.... am I going overboard?

edit- '03 dodge, kn cai, mbrp duals

Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM
shrimp_2
Rookie

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
What, exactly, were the errors? You could try to unplug the tuner's USB cable and plug it in again.
I'm not sure but i uninstalled software and restarted computer then downloaded it again and it worked.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
shrimp_2
Rookie

alright so i was playing with my 3865 for an 06 hemi qc and could not find a mds disable option. ): does it not have one? also how do i adjust shifting points? i found where it says them but it said SC which means what? one more question, can i use 89 octane with the 87 tune?my truck is stock accept 305/40/22's.please help

Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 AM
heatonsV10
Amateur

I know this is the 3rd generation ram but I was wondering if anyone has seen tuner chips of the 2nd gen v10's

Old 09-07-2011, 09:07 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by KrzyKanuck
may be a stupid question, I havn't updated my tuner in a while, just did it today. But I was just curious, have the files changed that dramatically performance wise or are the updates more for the customization options. I have been runnig the 91 octane, but do I re-tune my truck after this update?

also, when I do an update, I usually set truck back to stock, start to ensure all went good, turn off, pull battery cable for a few mins to reset computer, restart truck, turn off, reprogram, restart, pull cable and restart a final time for a final reboot.... am I going overboard?

edit- '03 dodge, kn cai, mbrp duals
Just a little over the top. No need to return to stock prior to re-tuning. I usually update my tuner about once a month but, I don't always re-tune my truck. If the firmware is updated then I'll re-tune because that usually means some functionality has been added/changed. If there is a change to your truck's calibration, SC usually sends an e-mail to let you know.

To reset the PCM, pull the positive (+) cable and ground it to a good ground for 30 second. I might do this every-other month or so but, if I make a change to the truck - new exhaust, tune up... I reset the PCM so it relearns the new mods.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
shrimp_2
Rookie

sorry but another question.. how much hp does the 87 and 91 tune add?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 PM
1 bad bolt
Amateur

im looking into buy a used tuner and have a question will the tunes be different for a hemi with mds vs a non mds truck? on there website in there search bar they give them option for both trucks with hemis. just curious buying a tuner from a 06 ram hemi to a 08 with mds.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 PM
shrimp_2
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1 bad bolt
im looking into buy a used tuner and have a question will the tunes be different for a hemi with mds vs a non mds truck? on there website in there search bar they give them option for both trucks with hemis. just curious buying a tuner from a 06 ram hemi to a 08 with mds.
2006 rams also have mds

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates