Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Customcowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
The Cortex has a drive train warranty however there are limitations - the biggest is the warranty is voided if you purchase the Advanced Trans Upgrade. The Cortex can also tune more than the RAM but, only one vehicle at a time.

Your best bet for the cost is the Flashpaq 3865. I also recommend, for USD$39.95, you purchase the Advanced Trans Upgrade. You will not be sorry.

what will this Trans add to the Cortex and why does it void warranty? my trucks out of its normal warrenty, if that was what your refering too? Thanks for the info, its getting me in the right direction.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Customcowboy
what will this Trans add to the Cortex and why does it void warranty? my trucks out of its normal warrenty, if that was what your refering too? Thanks for the info, its getting me in the right direction.
There is a, from SC web site...
The Cortex performance tuner is Superchips premium handheld product. When Cortex was introduced it was a groundbreaking device offering exclusive value-added features the competition still to this day can't match including a 2-year powertrain warranty...
There are limitations on the powertrain warranty - how old the truck is, and how many miles... And the Advanced Trans Upgrade voids that drivetrain warranty.

Given this and the cost difference, you would be better served with the FlashPaq 3865.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Customcowboy

What MDS said above. Superchips offers a 2yr Powertrain warranty with the extra cost of the Cortex. This gets voided once you purchase the optional trans tuning feature. Click on the link in my sig for more trans tuning details. it's truley awesome what they have created!

I bought the Cortex soley on looks as it matches the interior well and I'm not a fan of anything red.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Mad_Scientist
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize that this is not the correct forum; but I am out of options at this point. Maybe someone here can help.

07 Ram 1500 5.7 4x4

I have had nothing but a screaming headache since I received my flashpaq 3865. First, I couldn't get the drivers to install correctly; solved that. Then, I couldn't get it to update. Solved that too.

Now, when I take it out to tune the truck i get error e-3f - ON prompt missed. I am turning the key to the proper position. I have tried 6 times. I work in a security sensitive workplace (5-5 m-f), and cannot contact customer support between the hours of 8-5 (no cell phones allowed). Now, when i try to register on the forum to get help, I cannot get the superchips website to send me a confirmation e-mail.

Now, when I connect to the update software, it says "vehicle info saved-check for updates at a later date"; or, I get a host of error codes (eepromm failed to update, key error, etc.). It seems that I am currently the owner of a $300 paperweight.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist
I realize that this is not the correct forum; but I am out of options at this point. Maybe someone here can help.

07 Ram 1500 5.7 4x4

I have had nothing but a screaming headache since I received my flashpaq 3865. First, I couldn't get the drivers to install correctly; solved that. Then, I couldn't get it to update. Solved that too.

Now, when I take it out to tune the truck i get error e-3f - ON prompt missed. I am turning the key to the proper position. I have tried 6 times. I work in a security sensitive workplace (5-5 m-f), and cannot contact customer support between the hours of 8-5 (no cell phones allowed). Now, when i try to register on the forum to get help, I cannot get the superchips website to send me a confirmation e-mail.

Now, when I connect to the update software, it says "vehicle info saved-check for updates at a later date"; or, I get a host of error codes (eepromm failed to update, key error, etc.). It seems that I am currently the owner of a $300 paperweight.

PM sent

Old 01-22-2012, 12:58 PM
MattE71

I just picked up a 3865 yesterday and was all pumped up to try this thing out. The first thing I did was register and update the programmer. I hooked it up and did everything to the book and I get error code G-3F. I looked up what it could be and from what I read, I was cycling the the key incorrectly? I have double and triple checked the position that I have the key in....still the G-3F code. Holy disappointment!! You would that Superchips tech support would be open on the weekends, as this might be the kind of thing that would be done on the weekends often!

Any ideas??

Thanks
Matt

Old 01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

G-3F is a general tuner error and that the vehicle responded incorrectly to the module upload request from the product.

Make sure your battery is at 12 volts, turn off all accessories that would come on and draw power from the vehicle when the key is in the accessory on position like stereo, blower motor, auto lights, etc... Also remove any power robbing accessories from the cigarette ports.

Follow the prompts for the key on/off sequences. Do not start the vehicle when following the key on sequences or while the product is tuning the vehicle. Vehicle operation will cause an interruption in the tuning process.

Try tuning the vehicle a second time once you have finished following the info above. If you continue to have an issue trying to install the tuning into your vehicle please call customer service at 888-227-2447 M-F 8am-5pm EST for assistance.

Scott

Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Check your PM.

Scott

Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist

07 Ram 1500 5.7 4x4

Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Mad_Scientist
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Update: I emailed ron at superchips and he got it all lined out. Thanks everyone for the help.

I do have one more issue though: when I try to buy the advanced trans upgrade, I get an error message at checkout... And I'm still not able to register on the superchips forum. (the confirmation email sender is broken)

As for the performance, I must say I am very happy. No more throttle lag or MDS to get in the way of power; and even with just the SC proprietary tuning the tranny shifts much better. Can't wait to burn through the 89 oct in my tank so I can try out the performance tune.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 AM
MattE71

Wow...the truck is much nicer to drive with that MDS shut down! Especially since I am running Magnaflow exhaust. One thing that I did notice is how much my turn signal / indicator slowed down after installing the 3865. That being said, just a couple questions...

If I am in economy or any other mode for that matter and I want to tow my boat, which is very heavy but a short distance to where I need to go, should I always reprogram to the tow mode with the 3865? This might be inconvenient, if I was in a hurry, or can I tow in any mode? I do understand that if I am in economy mode, I am not going to do well with my mpg. Do I always use the tow / haul button like I normally would anyway (like if the truck was stock) but with the 3865 installed?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates