Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 PM
itshemitime
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question about Fuel trim data logging in the 3950. Due to some new mods and future mods I started looking at air to fuel ratio logging via the fuel trim data logging feature. After a bit of driving at various rpms i was at 2.9 percent LTFT B1 and 3.2% LTFT B2. Now is the positive percentage more air than fuel? Or more fuel than air? I've also noticed that while I was driving the long term data loggers stayed at 0.0 without moving until i let off the gas. They didnt really display a number until i turned off the ignition. Is that the way it is supposed to function?

Old 03-17-2012, 04:15 AM
CanadianWR450
Amateur

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Nice feedback.

After you become more comfortable with the programmer, check out the advanced trans options.
Is there somewhere you can get a "crash course" in the adv. trans tuning stuff?
Torque Management, what is this exactly?
For the rest, I THINK I pretty much understand the basics....like shift points, etc...
I guess that's one thing I can offer to SC for feedback is that there doesn't seem to be a good source of advanced info/instruction for the advanced features.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by CanadianWR450
I guess that's one thing I can offer to SC for feedback is that there doesn't seem to be a good source of advanced info/instruction for the advanced features.
Here are DAQ instructions for an older model, but menus are just about the same. Superchips Data Acquisition Instructions

Here's a post on the advanced trans options: Superchips Transmission Tuning Information

Hope this helps!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:56 AM
CanadianWR450
Amateur

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Here are DAQ instructions for an older model, but menus are just about the same. Superchips Data Acquisition Instructions

Here's a post on the advanced trans options: Superchips Transmission Tuning Information

Hope this helps!
Hey thanks...I'll look those over and maybe have time to play around tomorrow with it..
One last quick question:
I found this in this thread (i AM searching! ) "You should NOT tow/haul more than 1500 lbs unless you're tuned to tow AND have 91 or better octane in the tank and YES use the tow/haul button."...but, I believe that was referring to "economy" tune?
What can you safely haul/tow with 91 perf tune, and 91 in the tank, and what exactly does the tow tune do? Would the tow tune possibly be better for slow off road/big hill/crawling around conditions?

Old 03-17-2012, 06:34 PM
CanadianWR450
Amateur

Oooop's...one last question...I'm SURE that when I originally tuned the truck, both the rev limit, and speed limit said "SC". I was in playing with the new TPMS package I downloaded for the tuner, and ended up going through the tune again...exact same as before...91 performance, and tire change to 33"....now however the tuner shows the rev limit and speed limit as "STK". Did I mess something up?

Old 03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
JustINploided
Amateur

So to my understanding the only thing different from the flashpaq and the vivid is that the vivid is mobile tuning with the touch screen and the flashpaq you just have to plug in to your computer then to the truck to adjust it so its only a adjustment if your home or possibly have a laptop?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by JustINploided
So to my understanding the only thing different from the flashpaq and the vivid is that the vivid is mobile tuning with the touch screen and the flashpaq you just have to plug in to your computer then to the truck to adjust it so its only a adjustment if your home or possibly have a laptop?
The Vivid Linq is a bluetooth dongle for the obd-II port which allows it to communicate with the superchips app for your smartphone. The Vivid Paq is the same bluetooth dongle, but comes with its own screen instead of using your smartphone. The flashpaq only needs to connect to your PC to update. After its updated you really don't need to plug it into the PC again until a new update is released, or if you want to buy advanced trans tuning. Also if you are planning to buy the cortex for the 2 year power train warranty, I believe that purchasing the advanced trans tuning package voids that warranty.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by CanadianWR450
Hey thanks...I'll look those over and maybe have time to play around tomorrow with it..
One last quick question:
I found this in this thread (i AM searching! ) "You should NOT tow/haul more than 1500 lbs unless you're tuned to tow AND have 91 or better octane in the tank and YES use the tow/haul button."...but, I believe that was referring to "economy" tune?
What can you safely haul/tow with 91 perf tune, and 91 in the tank, and what exactly does the tow tune do? Would the tow tune possibly be better for slow off road/big hill/crawling around conditions?
My pleasure. I responded to you over at the Superchips forum as well.

That's what Superchips recommends when towing. Having said that, I've read were folks tow with 91 tune without issue. Still, what you read is what Superchips recommends. Me personally, I go by what they recommend.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:07 AM
RamRod08
Amateur

Tuned my truck back to stock the other day to take it to the dealership. Went to re-tune my truck and none of my settings were saved. Shift schedule had changed, TM schedule had changed, and MDS wasn't disabled. I've done this same thing before and it's always saved my settings. Any idea how to make sure my stuff gets saved or why it didn't save them this time?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 PM
jcb36
Rookie

Just got the 3865..I had a problem with confirmation email and was not able to update..I called sc and was told to try and load tune...I did, it worked fine..with just the canned 91tune their is a huge difference over stock..my truck feels like I get shot out of a cannon during shifts...also kinda of feels like it has a stall converter upon slowing down..like its holding on to the gear waiting for me to romp on it..is that normal?..im also experiencing an rpm fluctuation when slowing down around 10mph, shell drop to 700 then jump to 800 and then back down to seven..also when moving stick from park to drive it does this but at a different rpm range..once locked into drive its normal..is this just the nature of the beast..or do I need to figure out how to update..05 RCSB DAYTONA

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates