Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 AM
jcb36
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

150% sure its not truck.does not happen stock...it hits limiter from a roll, never from a stop , and its the 2-3 shift..im trying it at 5750...5800 with limiter at 6300 didn't work...I have not yet bounced, fingers crossed...she ran 15.28 in 95a degree weathe, not bad for 4x4...hoping 14's in cold weather..anyway thanks for ur input..hopefully I can find a 2-3 shift point that my truck agrees with.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Saber5150

Hi I just bought a Gforcechip about a month ago, my computer display showed immediate 4 to 5 mpg better gas milage weeks went by my dad asked me to confirm the saveings the old fashion way record the milage after fill up record the gls of gas purchased at the end of the week divide gls. purchased by miles driven wow I was suprized That the gforcechip was nothing more than a paper wieght my 06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8 one week got 13.6 mpg this week I only got 12.5 mpg that's 256 mile burned 20.4 gls purchased. 3 out of five friends believe the chip must be sending false info to the computer to my display to decieve me almost worked every time I unpluged the chip the display would show the true reading 12.5 to 13.4 mpg plug the chip back in ta ! da ! instant 6 to 7 miles more mpg. 40 minuts ago I demanded my money back they advertise money back garanteed if not satisfied I don't get my money back I will work overtime to make the Gforce chip name famous .

Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Saber5150
Hi I just bought a Gforcechip about a month ago, my computer display showed immediate 4 to 5 mpg better gas milage weeks went by my dad asked me to confirm the saveings the old fashion way record the milage after fill up record the gls of gas purchased at the end of the week divide gls. purchased by miles driven wow I was suprized That the gforcechip was nothing more than a paper wieght my 06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8 one week got 13.6 mpg this week I only got 12.5 mpg that's 256 mile burned 20.4 gls purchased. 3 out of five friends believe the chip must be sending false info to the computer to my display to decieve me almost worked every time I unpluged the chip the display would show the true reading 12.5 to 13.4 mpg plug the chip back in ta ! da ! instant 6 to 7 miles more mpg. 40 minuts ago I demanded my money back they advertise money back garanteed if not satisfied I don't get my money back I will work overtime to make the Gforce chip name famous .
While we all appreciate the enthusiasm of a new member, let me help you out. Go out to your truck and take off your chip and take it apart. Look carefully at the complexity of it and then go to Radio Shack and buy the same part in a pack of 5 for $1.

Now, how much did you pay for it?

On top of that, take it a step further and investigate how it actually affects the IAT sensor and how that affects the PCM. When you fully understand that, you will understand 1) how you really highly overpaid for something most of us have been homemade making for years, 2) how it really does and cannot affect the mpg due to how the PCM reads the IAT during open and closed loop and 3) why a 5 for a $1 component cannot do more than a true tuner that literally writes a tune to the PCM rather than a Radio Shack component that tries to trick the IAT/PCM.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Saber5150
Angry Gforcechip/5 for a $1

I paid $69.00 oops!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 PM
nyctonyinfl

Thanks Ellis42 would have never guess im in SC Q & Updates if you look at my questions on SC you see why I asked about exhaust.

I was just lookin for a good setup with SC, CAI, & EXHAUST

Guess I should have directed my comment back to Weedahoe

BTW Weedahoe they sound great thanks for the feedback

Old 07-16-2012, 12:05 PM
nyctonyinfl

Originally Posted by Ellis42
^^^random...not to mention wrong thread this ones about SuperChips not exhaust

Thanks Ellis42 would have never guess im in SC Q & Updates if you look at my questions on SC you see why I asked about exhaust.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:15 PM
nyctonyinfl

Originally Posted by Ellis42
^^^random...not to mention wrong thread this ones about SuperChips not exhaust

not random ^^^

I am a new member to DF sooo hello out there.

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 & would like some feedback on SC upgrades?

I am intrested in upgrading my exhuast, CAI, and a SC.

Right now my exhuast is stock with the CATS cut out.. btw it sounds like a POS..

I have extenders on the o2 sensors but still showing CEL will SC clear this?

What i would like from forum members is feedback on some of the best ways to upgrade?

What SC should I use Cotex or 3865?

What is best exhuast setup? Not sure on headers or to go from stock manifold.

Looking for deep sound & HP ...... Magnaflow or Flowmasters any input would help.

BTW if I were to put headers & go for the whole setup headers & mufflers what is the cost? And what is the best setup... Members input?

And last with this MOD what is CAI thats should be used with this setup.

I enjoy reading these forums & would like to thank members for there valuable info.

I hope I get some great setups & Thanks for any Help!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
nyctonyinfl

Originally Posted by nyctonyinfl

What is your tuner doing that's not as advertised? There are only so many options.

Flowmaster is nice. I used to have them and I liked them because I never had anything other before. But when I had my exhaust all changed out and went to Magnaflow....... It was grins ear to ear all over again.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
jm08hemi
Default More tow power?

I have an '08 Hemi 2wd, I tow a 6k lb TT. I want to get a little more power for the long trips. Is the SC (or similar) tuner the way to go? I will be adding a CAI and catback exhaust, but trying to do all at the same time. Any info is helpful! Thanks

Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Carlp336
Rookie

hate to be that guy.. but, i read somewhere on the board that running the 87 tune with 89 gave great results but i cant seem to find it.. i run 89 but i didnt want to run 89 on the 91 tune etc...

so far the SC is worth the money in my case for the MDS delete alone. it does seem to have a bit more pep also..

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates